Tractor Trailer Driver

AlreadyDisgruntled

Does anybody know anything about this position? Namely...
1) How much does it pay and what are the pay increases like?
2) What are the hours generally?
3) How far do you drive?
4) Are there some drivers who only work at the hub and others who do the long distance stuff, or do you have to do it all as needed?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
3) How far do you drive?
4) Are there some drivers who only work at the hub and others who do the long distance stuff, or do you have to do it all as needed?
You will need to grow a bad moustache and order larger pants than you normally wear.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
3) How far do you drive?
1) Same pay as package, 50 cents more an hour if you pull doubles.
2) Anywhere from 8 to 13 hours a day depending on the run. Feeder's runs 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
3) Up to 600 miles a day for longer runs, less if you're working local.
4) Unless you're on a sleeper team everyone comes back to the hub at the end of their shift.

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
Just don’t apply at my center. You need to do one year of accident free package car driving first and then hop on the 4 year waiting list.

Johney

1) Same pay as package, 50 cents more an hour if you pull doubles.
2) Anywhere from 8 to 13 hours a day depending on the run. Feeder's runs 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
3) Up to 600 miles a day for longer runs, less if you're working local.
4) Unless you're on a sleeper team everyone comes back to the hub at the end of their shift.
10 cents more than package all the time and 45 cents more on top of that for pulling sets.(at least here it is)

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
10 cents more than package all the time and 45 cents more on top of that for pulling sets.(at least here it is)
I stand corrected at least on the 10 cents more an hour. We do get 50 cents more (60 cents total) for pulling doubles though, I wonder why you guys only get 45?

barnyard

KTM rider
Doesn't the contract language say you have to perform the higher paying job for an hour (not two) in order to be paid that rate for the entire day?
It might. I thought it was 2. Does not matter. All of the jobs in my building pull sets long enough for the premium.