Transfer out of state

Subie_STI

So, I'm getting ready to try an educational transfer and I have a question. If accepted, do I keep the same position in the new HUB? I'm temporary cover driver, TCD. I came in as a phandler, did integrad and passed my 30 days. Trying to transfer before I'm offered full-time.
Thanks

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I got an educational transfer out of state 6 years ago back when I was a package handler. It depends on what local you’re transferring to...every supplement is different. In my case, I kept my pay rate and company seniority but I lost my building seniority for a year. So I couldn’t go full time until I was in the new building for at least a year. I would read the contract online of the local you wish to transfer to and talk to HR. It’s not difficult to transfer, it’s just a lot of paperwork and waiting.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
So, I'm getting ready to try an educational transfer and I have a question. If accepted, do I keep the same position in the new HUB? I'm temporary cover driver, TCD. I came in as a phandler, did integrad and passed my 30 days. Trying to transfer before I'm offered full-time.
Thanks
Well, if your "new hub" is under a Teamsters Union regional supplement (and/or local rider) that doesn't include the temporary cover driver (TCD) job classification, then probably not. Try reading here:UPS and UPS Freight Agreements, 2018 – 2023

Staydryitsraining

You became a cover driver through your seniority, you loose your seniority and won't be able to do that if they even have them anymore until you gain seniority.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Thanks
TCB

Commercial Inside Release

Don't sacrifice your life by living in a crap town. Do the transfer, and take whatever part time driving job is available. If you are really set on that particular location, inside work for a short time won't kill you. As mentioned above it is much easier to transfer when you are a package handler. It can be tricky as a driver, because you can get trapped into not getting to drive for a while, or eventually ending up as a 22.4 in order to drive. These are things you need to carefully consider, and diplomaticly work out with the destination union and the center management. Good luck.

Subie_STI

I got an educational transfer out of state 6 years ago back when I was a package handler. It depends on what local you’re transferring to...every supplement is different. In my case, I kept my pay rate and company seniority but I lost my building seniority for a year. So I couldn’t go full time until I was in the new building for at least a year. I would read the contract online of the local you wish to transfer to and talk to HR. It’s not difficult to transfer, it’s just a lot of paperwork and waiting.
That’s good info. Thanks!!

Subie_STI

Don't sacrifice your life by living in a crap town. Do the transfer, and take whatever part time driving job is available. If you are really set on that particular location, inside work for a short time won't kill you. As mentioned above it is much easier to transfer when you are a package handler. It can be tricky as a driver, because you can get trapped into not getting to drive for a while, or eventually ending up as a 22.4 in order to drive. These are things you need to carefully consider, and diplomaticly work out with the destination union and the center management. Good luck.
Thanks. I appreciate that. Yea weather here is miserable.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
another question. If I sign up for classes and approval doesn't come in time, do I sign up again for classes?
Give yourself as much time as possible between registering for classes and when they start. I registered the earliest I could...in early October for a class that started the middle of January. My transfer paperwork took about 6-7 weeks to get approved.

Subie_STI

Ok. I’ll
Give yourself as much time as possible between registering for classes and when they start. I registered the earliest I could...in early October for a class that started the middle of January. My transfer paperwork took about 6-7 weeks to get approved.
okay. That was very helpful. Thanks!