Transferring States as a Driver

So my question is how hard would it be or if even possible to transfer states as a Full Time package car driver. I’m currently 2.5 years in as a driver and I want to move states BADLY! I’m not worried about losing building seniority cause as a swing driver that actually works hard I get :censored2:ed everyday no matter what so 2.5 years in means nothing. I’m asking if anybody has heard of drivers transferring states or if eats possible. I know it is with a spouse being in the military but I’m single so :censored2: that

tadpole

If you work in the western region, it is possible to transfer within the region. But I’m guessing you would already know that if you were in the west.

MattM

Look at upsjobs and see if those available jobs compare to what you are looking at.

Some areas have 50-70 openings. Some have 1-3. It's easier to convince new potential bosses into an area that's in need vs one at capacity.

542thruNthru

So my question is how hard would it be or if even possible to transfer states as a Full Time package car driver. I’m currently 2.5 years in as a driver and I want to move states BADLY! I’m not worried about losing building seniority cause as a swing driver that actually works hard I get :censored2:ed everyday no matter what so 2.5 years in means nothing. I’m asking if anybody has heard of drivers transferring states or if eats possible. I know it is with a spouse being in the military but I’m single so :censored2: that

Were not allowed to transfer the states. You know how many USA maps we'd have to replace if we did that?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I've known two drivers that did it. One moved from Miami to Macon, GA to take care of his father and the other one moved out of New Orleans after the Katrina Disaster. I delivered his last paycheck to him on my area, UPS gave them two weeks pay and told them good luck. I gave him directions to my Center and he was lucky to get rehired. Both still kept pension credits but had to start back on the very bottom of pay scale and seniority lists. I imagine anybody that does this now will be a 22.4 driver.

One thing I’ve considered is enlisting myself into the military, it’s something I’ve always wanted to do and UPS I think still has to honor it not sure entirely. I’ve heard of drivers enlisting or going active duty and UPS has to honor that by law but idk about a transfer if they would honor that part unless it’s a spouse that is deployed somewhere else. Plus I’d have 2 pensions coming in once I retire out of UPS and military.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
One thing I’ve considered is enlisting myself into the military, it’s something I’ve always wanted to do and UPS I think still has to honor it not sure entirely. I’ve heard of drivers enlisting or going active duty and UPS has to honor that by law but idk about a transfer if they would honor that part unless it’s a spouse that is deployed somewhere else. Plus I’d have 2 pensions coming in once I retire out of UPS and military.

OK let’s talk about those

@Clappin Cheeks :devil2:

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
In Nor Cal you can, unfortunately that would only be to Reno.

Each local has its own do’s and don’ts so look in your book and reach out to HR and your local.

barnyard

KTM rider
One thing I’ve considered is enlisting myself into the military, it’s something I’ve always wanted to do and UPS I think still has to honor it not sure entirely.

You are probably thinking of the reserves. We have had a couple of reservists in my building. Both did deployments. 1 came back wrecked. He had broken a couple of vertebra (roadside bomb rolled his truck) and he was not able to work. UPS kept him on the roster for 2 years after he returned, but it was a no go. I saw him about the time he left the roster, it bums me out thinking about it.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Why are you trying to be such a :censored2:bag ?