Transferring to another belt

Birdblue

i was wondering how does transferring to another belt work? I was wanting to transfer to unload and wanted to know the ins and outs to go about doing so and also the ups and downs of doing so. Thanks.

JustDeliverIt

Not exactly sure what you mean by transferring to another belt. If you mean another shift, see HR and you have to have a year with the company. They will put you on a list by seniority. If you mean just doing another job on the same shift, good luck. You'll never get what you want, they'll put you everywhere they need you except the spot you want to be.

moomoom

Tell your sup you wanna switch to unload and start working a lot slower until they move you. Might take awhile but they will get the hint. Worked for me.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
i was wondering how does transferring to another belt work? I was wanting to transfer to unload and wanted to know the ins and outs to go about doing so and also the ups and downs of doing so. Thanks.
They put you where they need you , this isn’t McDonalds , you can’t “have it your way”

km3

In my opinion, unloading is one of the more physical jobs around here. I wouldn't do it unless I had to leave as early as possible each day. Getting out early is the biggest benefit to unloading.

I would rather load trailers, and get out an hour and a half later (or longer) than unload and get out early, but that's just me.

The Range

In too deep
They put you where they need you , this isn’t McDonalds , you can’t “have it your way”

You're right, this isn't Mcdonalds. We have something called "rights". OP, use your seniority to pick a preferred job. If they don't have the list up (they should) - easier for you.

Nimnim

The Nim

Article 22.4

Part-time employees with six (6) months or more seniority shall
have the right to place their name on the list of employees waiting
to be moved to a preferred job within their building. Such preferred
jobs shall include, but not be limited to: Preload, Sorter, Clerical,
Irregular Train, Designated Responder, Carwasher, Loader and
Unloader. Employees do not have the right to select any specific
unit, load or workstation unless a prior past practice has been established.
Part-time employees with less than six (6) months seniority shall
have the right to bid a preferred job prior to the Employer hiring
from off-the-street.

It's easier to make friends with the FT sup and the PT sups for the areas you may end up in and tell them how much you'll tear it up for them.

polyp

Article 22.4

It's easier to make friends with the FT sup and the PT sups for the areas you may end up in and tell them how much you'll tear it up for them.

Never underestimate the power of office politics between sups of different areas. They're usually at odds anyways. The times I've chosen to flip areas, sups have done most of the work to get me moved.