Transfers?

Does anyone have any insight on getting transferred to a hub out of state? I am currently living in Arizona (I can't stand the heat), I have put my transfer in for the past 3 years and have not got the call. How much longer should I expect it to take, I heard that there is a ratio that they have to follow...something like 5 part-timers for every 1 transfer??? Anyone with any idea as to when I can get back to CA would be greatly appreciated! I am looking at getting into the Ontario, Anaheim, Cerritos, Temecula areas.

Thank you.

dillweed

To my knowledge, the only way to get a transfer is to be enrolled in a school near the center or hub you want to work at.

That is really weird, is this an East Coast / Central thing? I have never heard of that, Union Rep nor co-workers, nor management has ever said anything about being enrolled in school. Are you talking about a manager transferring? I'm a driver.

ups1990

Does anyone have any insight on getting transferred to a hub out of state? I am currently living in Arizona (I can't stand the heat), I have put my transfer in for the past 3 years and have not got the call. How much longer should I expect it to take, I heard that there is a ratio that they have to follow...something like 5 part-timers for every 1 transfer??? Anyone with any idea as to when I can get back to CA would be greatly appreciated! I am looking at getting into the Ontario, Anaheim, Cerritos, Temecula areas.

Good luck trying to transfer into these So Cal centers. Many folks as yourself are waiting themselves and the list of part-timers wanting full time work is very, very did I say very? lengthy.

Thank you.