Tree branches?!

ups1990

Whenever using tree branches to "adjust your side mirrors", be sure to remove the leaves and bark before you return to the building.
I brushed up against a tree yesterday and one off the branches brushed up against my helper's face as it passed over the mirror bracket.

ups1990

Had the same thing happen to a Sat Air Driver using a P 1000 many, many moons ago. This guy had a engineering degree, but simple common things were a total mystery to him.

Last heard he was working at Home Depot.
That's odd because when I go HD, when I ask anyone there a simple common question they act like its a total mystery to them.

DOK

A few years back we had a veteran driver come back to the building with at least a 3 inch in diameter "branch"/log stuck in his hood. The center manager the next day at the PCM had this massive piece of wood with him and reminded everyone to watch out for limbs and if we did break a mirror that it's an accident.

The best part is , the driver didn't give a single :censored2: and he knew the branch was there. He just left it there for the car washer to take care of lol.

I bet the center team would not want to go through accident protocol for a broken mirror.

barnyard

KTM rider
Huh, never saw a mirror just fall out.

Happened to me. I gave the mirror a tap to push it out when I was leaving the building, mirror fell out and broke. A PT supe, couple of preloaders and another driver saw it. Everyone said, "Had I not seen it, I would not have believed it."

rod

Retired 22 years
Huh, never saw a mirror just fall out. I did see a few that had help falling out

I bet you never saw a tire and wheel fall off a P-800 either. I had one do that. Apparently our mechanic had seen it too because all he said to me was "did that thing fall off---again"?

BigMike11

Got stuck under a low hanging tree branch. No damage to roof but some to the top inch. Called it in they sent a tow truck to pull it.out and I finished the route. I figured I'd be fired but sup just said don't do it.again. Pretty embarrassing though. Will they come back and dq me?

did you get fired?

quad decade guy

I bet you never saw a tire and wheel fall off a P-800 either. I had one do that. Apparently our mechanic had seen it too because all he said to me was "did that thing fall off---again"?

Testing tractor lug nuts for looseness became part of the pre-trip after a wheel set fell OFF! Can't remember who blamed who(mechanics or tire service).

BigMike11

A few years back we had a veteran driver come back to the building with at least a 3 inch in diameter "branch"/log stuck in his hood. The center manager the next day at the PCM had this massive piece of wood with him and reminded everyone to watch out for limbs and if we did break a mirror that it's an accident.

The best part is , the driver didn't give a single :censored2: and he knew the branch was there. He just left it there for the car washer to take care of lol.

did he get fired???