TROLLS in the BROWN CAFE!

satellitedriver

satellite-
You've actually got me intrigued about my own sentence structure. I believe the first "no" is a simple repudiation of a previous post. Therefore the "don't" and "negative" would come together in the first sentence to form a positive. It is at that point that I use a period to end the thought and preclude the run-on sentence that would have been further indicated had I capitalized the first word of the following sentence, in this case "Cocky". Therefore, the double negative at the end of the sentence "not negative" is indeed as I sloppily claimed it to be. The fallacious reasoning that one can merely count the negatives in a statement to deduce the existence or lack of a double negative negates the possibility of implied subjects as well as simply bad grammar and or punctuation.
You state that implied logic never works. Why would that be the case? And just what is it that it fails to do.
You say "show proof of this statement", but if the implied logic that UPS never took RPS seriously is incorrect, then I stand corrected. If on the other hand UPS looked down on RPS and merely had the attitude that they were to be "tolerated by [their] betters" then I would say that the simple continued existence of FedEx Ground should imply at least a miscalculation of logic.
My appologies for the troll talk. I will try to be better in the future so that i may continue to be "tolerated by my betters".

The 12hr days in 100 to 106 degree heat preclude my giving any direct response to your post. My brain pan has turned into a broiler pan. Maybe, later.
Your first sentence, of the fore mentioned post, was not a double negative. Nor, was it a positive. I was hoping you would get the jest.
This post does remind me of the professor telling his students that two positives can never make a negative.
From the back of the class a student yelled out,
"Yeah,Right".

bbsam

Staff member
The 12hr days in 100 to 106 degree heat preclude my giving any direct response to your post. My brain pan has turned into a broiler pan. Maybe, later.
Your first sentence, of the fore mentioned post, was not a double negative. Nor, was it a positive. I was hoping you would get the jest.
This post does remind me of the professor telling his students that two positives can never make a negative.
From the back of the class a student yelled out,
"Yeah,Right".
Would that be the "fore mentioned post" or is it the "afore mentioned post" or are the two one in the same?
As English major in college I remember being told that a disproportionate number of English majors ended up as truck drivers; apparently I've stumbled across one and so as one who seems to consider himself my better (yeah, right) I must implore you sir "do you bite your thumb at me?":happy2:

P

pickup

Would that be the "fore mentioned post" or is it the "afore mentioned post" or are the two one in the same?
As English major in college I remember being told that a disproportionate number of English majors ended up as truck drivers; apparently I've stumbled across one and so as one who seems to consider himself my better (yeah, right) I must implore you sir "do you bite your thumb at me?":happy2:

freakin' intellectuals gummin' up the works!

P

pickup

You can't blame me on this one--I don't have a single post in this thread.

In retrospect, that is surprising. I thought that this thread would be to you what a fire hydrant would be to a dog. However, I do see you made it a point to tell us you pee indoors, so maybe it is not a good analogy.:whiteflag:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In retrospect, that is surprising. I thought that this thread would be to you what a fire hydrant would be to a dog. However, I do see you made it a point to tell us you pee indoors, so maybe it is not a good analogy.:whiteflag:

Pickup, how about my Sox take on your Mets in a World Series re-match?

P

pickup

Pickup, how about my Sox take on your Mets in a World Series re-match?

I don't think the mets will be playing any "meaningful" games in september, let alone october. Heck , if a local high school put its baseball team on the field against the mets, I think the mets will find a way to blow it. Your sox are the better team(PERIOD)

satellitedriver

I missed the a. I stand corrected.
Your presumption was incorrect, English was not my major.(and I drive a pkg car, not a truck)
If you were an English major, then you would have (or should have) noticed that I never stated,or implied, that "I" was your better.
You posted that you have been ignored by better, in a response to dragracer66.
My post stated,
"Not ignored, just tolerated, by your betters."
I must implore you, kind sir. How is it that an English major employs such faulty, grammatical errors in their posts?. I ,as a lowly pkg car driver, wish to know.
Pray tell, kind sir.:happy2:
To answer your last question,
I only bite the thumb of someone who stick theirs in my face.:peaceful:

705red

Browncafe Steward
WOW! You were an English major in college! And now you work for the third world delivery service known as FedEx ground! Wow, ma and pa must be proud!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As UPSer's we have and use many terms relevant to UPS and our employment and, due to many dept's if we see a term new to us we ask. TROLLS on the other hand think they know everything but always have a way of exposing themselves. I think I found one posing as a UPSer. Have you ever noticed in the Fedex Forum they refer to their centers or hubs as stations! If I'm wrong I apologize but, I do Believe MUNGRIN is a TROLL! In the Thread TRUE STORY refer to post #14 by Mungrin..."um this is nothing new at my station". In the thread Illegal anti-union meetings in the Fedex forums refer to post #114 by Mungrin..."Does UPS offer severance or do they just lay off?" Wouldn't a driver with 6 yrs in (as stated by him) drive out of a center! Wouldn't that same driver know the layoff procedure and what is this about severance!

Don't feed the trolls...we see it all the time. Who do you think are the trolls on BC that we should not be feeding?

Numbers, above you will find the post that you used to start this thread and your most recent post. Is it just me or do these posts contradict themselves?

Numbers, above you will find the post that you used to start this thread and your most recent post. Is it just me or do these posts contradict themselves?

Upstate,
Maybe I'm missing something here as I don't see any contradictions. I started the thread because I thought I found a troll on BC. I fed him for a little while until I realized he/she was a troll (he/she hasn't posted since).
To me the worst thing for a troll is to be discovered and not answered in posts. It seems they hate when they do not receive a reply or any recognition. My point in my last post is as UPSer's on this forum who do you consider a troll roaming this BC forum.

bbsam

Staff member
Upstate,
Maybe I'm missing something here as I don't see any contradictions. I started the thread because I thought I found a troll on BC. I fed him for a little while until I realized he/she was a troll (he/she hasn't posted since).
To me the worst thing for a troll is to be discovered and not answered in posts. It seems they hate when they do not receive a reply or any recognition. My point in my last post is as UPSer's on this forum who do you consider a troll roaming this BC forum.