True Colors

Will you support your union brothers/sisters in the event they are terminated over the vax mandate

• Total voters

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
I wouldn't even say she's a shill. Sotomayor, along with Kagan and Breyer are all adherents of the Chevron Deference which suggests that the judicial system should defer to federal regulatory agencies in instances where their mandates or policies are unclear. The assumption being that Congress gave the regulatory agencies the power to do so.

The real problem is that Sotomayor likes to legislate from the bench and thinks that judicial decisions should direct public policy, rather than take a more narrow and focused view of the constitutionality of the issue.

The fact that they were so willing to give unprecedented power and influence to the Executive Branch is truly frightening.
Oh you mean the doctrine from Chevron U.S.A., Inc. v. Natural Resources Defense Council, Inc., 468 U.S. 837? In a decision written by Justice Stevens? Republican, nominated by President Gerald Ford? Amazing you find that scary.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Are you dumb? If the vaccine protects you how are they jeopardizing others? If anything the vaxxed are jeopardizing others since they are still spreading it without the same requirements of unvaxxed people in some places.

It's like you just dead end yourself in circles. You can still spread if you are vaxxed and if you think they vax is so great what are you talking about jeopardizing others.
If you have a serious infection of Covid, the virus has trillions of times to mutate as you (hopefully) recover. The Delta version had 15 mutations while Omicron has 50. Nations with high vaccination rates saw a much faster drop-off in Omicron cases when it came through. We haven't been so lucky. Omicron gets through the first line of defense but being vaccinated lets your immune system fight it more effectively hence lower serious cases, less hospitalization and deaths from the vaccinated. By remaining unvaccinated you're just making everyone's vaccine less effective and helping the virus mutate. This is basic epidemiology.

Thebrownblob

Well they should, because that's why those facilities even exist the way they do. Fines compound and OSHA has been very effective in my area enforcing egress issues. Workers compensation is a separate State issue, I suggest you contact your State. OSHA fines are deposited in the U.S. Treasury, just like any other sanctions collected by the U.S. Government. If you are so dissatisfied by the performance of U.S. Government agencies you might look at who has been hobbling them for the last few decades, and who failed to even staff them in the last term.
Walk into any hub any day of the week and tell me who cares what OSHA says? Dozens and dozens of times they’ve been out and fine UPS and right back to what they’re doing again. The only time it gets fixed is when people who work there actually force the company the company doesn’t care about OSHA they’ll just pay the fine and Move on. And thank you I feel so much better that OSHA gets the fines and puts them in the US treasury I’m sure it goes to plenty of good causes none of which have anything to do with compensating the people who were harmed by the malfeasance of the company. You seem to think the only answer is a government agency To take care of your problems a matter fact you need a government agency to put an exit sign so you know how to get out of a building. God help you, never mind you don’t believe in God.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Walk into any hub any day of the week and tell me who cares what OSHA says? Dozens and dozens of times they’ve been out and fine UPS and right back to what they’re doing again. The only time it gets fixed is when people who work there actually force the company the company doesn’t care about OSHA they’ll just pay the fine and Move on. And thank you I feel so much better that OSHA gets the fines and puts them in the US treasury I’m sure it goes to plenty of good causes none of which have anything to do with compensating the people who were harmed by the malfeasance of the company. You seem to think the only answer is a government agency To take care of your problems a matter fact you need a government agency to put an exit sign so you know how to get out of a building. God help you, never mind you don’t believe in God.
That really bothers you doesn't it? I've gone my whole life never needing the belief of any supreme being to guide me and had no problem respecting the beliefs of others. There is value in every religion, and also danger when there is a perversion of its teachings.
I suppose you would prefer to sue UPS individually to enforce the regulations of a government agency? Really unclear what your other choice of action is, but this is typical of those who seem to think Government shouldn't exist except to have a military. Remind yourself of that when you accept Social Security and Medicare. Even using the internet for this forum would not exist without the government.

Thebrownblob

That really bothers you doesn't it? I've gone my whole life never needing the belief of any supreme being to guide me and had no problem respecting the beliefs of others. There is value in every religion, and also danger when there is a perversion of its teachings.
I suppose you would prefer to sue UPS individually to enforce the regulations of a government agency? Really unclear what your other choice of action is, but this is typical of those who seem to think Government shouldn't exist except to have a military. Remind yourself of that when you accept Social Security and Medicare. Even using the internet for this forum would not exist without the government.
I think you’re confusing religion with a belief in God or a creator of intelligent design as well as human nature. Either way I’m not bothered simply corrected something you had thought it was important to tell people on an Internet forum. Just trying to be respectful to your belief or lack there of.

margaritaville

If you have a serious infection of Covid, the virus has trillions of times to mutate as you (hopefully) recover. The Delta version had 15 mutations while Omicron has 50. Nations with high vaccination rates saw a much faster drop-off in Omicron cases when it came through. We haven't been so lucky. Omicron gets through the first line of defense but being vaccinated lets your immune system fight it more effectively hence lower serious cases, less hospitalization and deaths from the vaccinated. By remaining unvaccinated you're just making everyone's vaccine less effective and helping the virus mutate. This is basic epidemiology.
Assuming you aren't a WEF BOT. I can't believe people are still this dumb after two freaking years. Let me guess. Everytime you saw a event in 2020 you said overwhelmed in two weeks and were wrong. When Texas reopen you said "absolutely wreckless" like gavin newsome and the cases went down. Wrong again. When people said cloth mask aren't effective you called them conspiracy theorist and were wrong again. You thought when the J an J came out and they said it's one and done that it actually meant one and done. Wrong again. How many times do you have to be lied to by big pharma to get a clue. Apparantly it's infinite times. Nothing going on up there. If big pharma says it does XX you parrot what they say. Then 6 months later they say well actually it doesn't. Then you parrot their new talking about.

Thebrownblob

Justices, especially Thomas, are not immune to the fallacy of appealing to the extremes. The power of OSHA to regulate workplaces in a fashion even more intrusive and economically significant has already been played out over 50 years of the law being in effect. There is a stronger argument to be made that OSHA had more than enough time to employ the normal rulemaking process rather than issuing an ETS.

I appreciate your disagreement with such expansive power of the Executive Branch. I'm sure you will vigorously employ such logic when your President institutes a draft.
Was justice Sotomayor being extreme with fake numbers or just lying? Or was she really just that inept either way it’s interesting you pick justice Thomas as the only extreme Example

Thebrownblob

I fully support expanding the court and there is ample precedent to do it, especially considering Republicans packed it already starting with denying Merrick Garland a hearing.

I think I’ll listen to these 2 Supreme Court justices opinion more than a guy who drives in a straight line about court packing. Well I can tell from your ramblings as you’re just a partisan hack no different than Donald Trump just the flipside of the coin tit for tat. If you don’t think Democrats would’ve done the same thing to Republicans as they did to Merrick Garland then you’re dishonest.

Last edited: