True Colors

Will you support your union brothers/sisters in the event they are terminated over the vax mandate

• Total voters

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Looks like it has settled for now. The Court held the law to a higher standard of needing a clear congressional authorization of mandating vaccines. I'm an atheist but, God Help Us.

So just to clarify- if the Supreme Court ruled in favor of these mandates for large employers, then it would have placed an incredible amount of power into the hands of the Executive Branch via OSHA. With this ruling as a precedent, future administrations would have the discretion through OSHA to determine what is a pandemic, what is a medical emergency, how long the emergency lasts for, who it applies to, what medical procedures or treatments you would be forced to take into your body in order to be employed and what punishments employers and employees would face for whatever violations OSHA deemed appropriate. As Justice Thomas said, OSHA would have unlimited discretion.

If you think this is an appropriate power for the executive branch to have, then I unironically agree that you should in fact move to New Zealand (with its unwritten constitution) or Australia where they have quarantine camps and massive government intrusion into your personal medical decisions.

quad decade guy

So just to clarify- if the Supreme Court ruled in favor of these mandates for large employers, then it would have placed an incredible amount of power into the hands of the Executive Branch via OSHA. With this ruling as a precedent, future administrations would have the discretion through OSHA to determine what is a pandemic, what is a medical emergency, how long the emergency lasts for, who it applies to, what medical procedures or treatments you would be forced to take into your body in order to be employed and what punishments employers and employees would face for whatever violations OSHA deemed appropriate. As Justice Thomas said, OSHA would have unlimited discretion.

If you think this is an appropriate power for the executive branch to have, then I unironically agree that you should in fact move to New Zealand (with its unwritten constitution) or Australia where they have quarantine camps and massive government intrusion into your personal medical decisions.
And just consider....

There is/has been talk of the Democrats packing the Court.....not so much lately...but think of the consequences of a majority liberal court.....these mandates would have sailed through. Look at Sotomayor.......a liberal Democrat shill. Openly partisan.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
There is/has been talk of the Democrats packing the Court.....not so much lately...but think of the consequences of a majority liberal court.....these mandates would have sailed through. Look at Sotomayor.......a liberal Democrat shill. Openly partisan.

I wouldn't even say she's a shill. Sotomayor, along with Kagan and Breyer are all adherents of the Chevron Deference which suggests that the judicial system should defer to federal regulatory agencies in instances where their mandates or policies are unclear. The assumption being that Congress gave the regulatory agencies the power to do so.

The real problem is that Sotomayor likes to legislate from the bench and thinks that judicial decisions should direct public policy, rather than take a more narrow and focused view of the constitutionality of the issue.

The fact that they were so willing to give unprecedented power and influence to the Executive Branch is truly frightening.

Cowboy Mac

Interesting....

Gestapo like enforcement.....and much like "papers" Nazi Germany....you would actually go to a place that is MORE restrictive?
Yeah that’s the country where the swat team ambushes you while you’re walking your dog and they stab you with a needle. Sounds like he would enjoy it there.

Non sequitur

The level of relief that I observed in upser's around the barn was encouraging. We already have an exorbitant amount of big brother with technology and observations.

margaritaville

No vaccine…no service at hospitals. Tired of these idiots jeopardizing others.
Are you dumb? If the vaccine protects you how are they jeopardizing others? If anything the vaxxed are jeopardizing others since they are still spreading it without the same requirements of unvaxxed people in some places.

It's like you just dead end yourself in circles. You can still spread if you are vaxxed and if you think they vax is so great what are you talking about jeopardizing others.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Are you dumb? If the vaccine protects you how are they jeopardizing others? If anything the vaxxed are jeopardizing others since they are still spreading it without the same requirements of unvaxxed people in some places.

It's like you just dead end yourself in circles. You can still spread if you are vaxxed and if you think they vax is so great what are you talking about jeopardizing others.
Exactly

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Yes because OSHA is what everybody thinks of. You’re joking right when there’s egress all over the building and somehow OSHA Makes UPS pay them a fine and then UPS continues to do it anyway how does that help? And why do they get the money why not the people that were harmed. Do you know who’s helped any of my members or even myself when they were injured our work comp union lawyer. Like the majority of government agencies in theory their function is necessary in practice it leaves a lot to be desired
Well they should, because that's why those facilities even exist the way they do. Fines compound and OSHA has been very effective in my area enforcing egress issues. Workers compensation is a separate State issue, I suggest you contact your State. OSHA fines are deposited in the U.S. Treasury, just like any other sanctions collected by the U.S. Government. If you are so dissatisfied by the performance of U.S. Government agencies you might look at who has been hobbling them for the last few decades, and who failed to even staff them in the last term.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Nope.

I don't see my manager much....he's too busy firing stupid people. Most of em flout the rules or just blatantly disregard them....

I'm a simple guy......just seemed like the easiest way for you to amend your eld record legally. Free too.

Something like this: You to ORS "Hey man, I worked all weekend doing hotshots to Oklahoma City.....could you add that to my ELD?". "Hey man, I worked all weekend directing traffic at the speedway...it pays $20 per hour......need a job?" "Oh and how do I log this?"

IDK....
Yeah try that. Be sure to video the confused responses. Carry on Don Quixote.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder

Justices, especially Thomas, are not immune to the fallacy of appealing to the extremes. The power of OSHA to regulate workplaces in a fashion even more intrusive and economically significant has already been played out over 50 years of the law being in effect. There is a stronger argument to be made that OSHA had more than enough time to employ the normal rulemaking process rather than issuing an ETS.

I appreciate your disagreement with such expansive power of the Executive Branch. I'm sure you will vigorously employ such logic when your President institutes a draft.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
And just consider....

I fully support expanding the court and there is ample precedent to do it, especially considering Republicans packed it already starting with denying Merrick Garland a hearing.