trump 2016

Glide09

I used the term "snowflake" as to keep it g-rated for the crying whiny ass lefties that before the election when they were SURE HRC was going to win were "we need to come together no matter the result, unite our country and get behind whomever is elected *snicker* .....now it's...abolish the EC, russia, FBI, comey, yadda yadda...I'm just so tired of the double standard hypocrisy...Trump won..hell he may even be good for America....god knows HRC's been in politics for 30yrs...and seriously what has she accomplished? nada as far as i can tell except to make herself richer, cover up Billy's penile escapades, and rob someone who might have beaten Trump...Bernie.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I used the term "snowflake" as to keep it g-rated for the crying whiny ass lefties that before the election when they were SURE HRC was going to win were "we need to come together no matter the result, unite our country and get behind whomever is elected *snicker* .....now it's...abolish the EC, russia, FBI, comey, yadda yadda...I'm just so tired of the double standard hypocrisy...Trump won..hell he may even be good for America....god knows HRC's been in politics for 30yrs...and seriously what has she accomplished? nada as far as i can tell except to make herself richer, cover up Billy's penile escapades, and rob someone who might have beaten Trump...Bernie.
I look forward to the point in time where Trump supporters will stop bringing up Clinton and Obama every single time anyone expresses the slightest disagreement or criticism of Trump. I'm curious how long it will take, if ever.

wayfair

swollen member
I look forward to the point in time where Trump supporters will stop bringing up Clinton and Obama every single time anyone expresses the slightest disagreement or criticism of Trump. I'm curious how long it will take, if ever.

how long is it taking people to stop talking about Bush? Reagan?

yea, um no

Glide09

it was about 5 years for bush i think....LOL dammit Dr.Brown you beat me to it....LOL
L
10351083_713387728797342_7978527198648247976_n.jpg

P

pickup

I have to say I really am curious where this snowflake term originated within the right wing circles. Seems to have sprung up in popularity almost instantly.

Reminds me of a quote from Chuck Palahniuk's Fight Club, which is strange considering who's using it now.

Actually, I was quite curious as well when its usage started mushrooming right after the election. I noticed it in a lot of user comments in reaction to stories in yahoo.

I knew what was meant by the word but I wanted to see where it came from as well. So I went on Wikipedia and typed "snowflake" and "Generation Snowflake" popped up.

The quote from Fightclub was referenced in the Wikipedia entry and the article went on to explained how ithe term Snowflake was used in a book and/or an article.

I listen to all different radio programs which include rush and hannity as well as NPR and Pacifica. Depends on what I am in the mood for as well as what I first land upon . I probably listened to Rush and Hannity for a total of an hour and half last week. I have not heard the term used there but as I said before I became aware of the word on comments sections under online articles.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
how long is it taking people to stop talking about Bush? Reagan?

yea, um no
Every single time anyone mentions anything bad about Obama someone brings up McCain or Romney?
yea, um no

I'm not talking about learning from the past, I'm talking about the "but Hillary would have been worse" argument. I'm so tired of hearing about that freakin lady. You guys love to hate her so much you just can't let her go.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

You're just parroting lines from the Trump campaign. Trump has been in business for 30 years and has accomplished multiple bankruptcies. See how it works?

Glide09

C'mon...noone takes her seriously...LOL she's kind of the comic relief for the right, like Pelosi is for the left...the only ones that take them seriously are themselves...:)

Glide09

You're just parroting lines from the Trump campaign. Trump has been in business for 30 years and has accomplished multiple bankruptcies. See how it works?
actually I hadn't heard that from Trump's campaign...musta missed that one, just speaking of what I've seen and checked on...she hasn't done a hell of a lot other than cover slick willy's willy from time to time, and make huge paydays from speaking jobs. I can't think of one piece of legislation she's penned. As far as Trump's accomplishments...well...i was speaking of her political career...Trumps never held an office so there's nothing to compare to her. But yeah...6 bankruptcies, borrowed and rebuilt it...no accomplishments there.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
actually I hadn't heard that from Trump's campaign...musta missed that one, just speaking of what I've seen and checked on...she hasn't done a hell of a lot other than cover slick willy's willy from time to time, and make huge paydays from speaking jobs. I can't think of one piece of legislation she's penned. As far as Trump's accomplishments...well...i was speaking of her political career...Trumps never held an office so there's nothing to compare to her. But yeah...6 bankruptcies, borrowed and rebuilt it...no accomplishments there.

Straight from the Trump debates. Unlike us, he started out rich. He wouldn't have lasted an hour on the road. Spoiled rich brat.

Glide09

Straight from the Trump debates. Unlike us, he started out rich. He wouldn't have lasted an hour on the road. Spoiled rich brat.
You're probably right...but...We've had the same ol' same in politics for so long...professional politicians.....it really can't hurt to give someone a shot that's outside the beltway. Like I said he might just surprise everyone. I'd love to see term limits for every politician. Congress especially.. 40 or 50 year career politicians is what's REALLY wrong with our govt IMO.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You're probably right...but...We've had the same ol' same in politics for so long...professional politicians.....it really can't hurt to give someone a shot that's outside the beltway. Like I said he might just surprise everyone. I'd love to see term limits for every politician. Congress especially.. 40 or 50 year career politicians is what's REALLY wrong with our govt IMO.
So what we need to fix our politics is less experienced politicians?
Seems like kind of a half assed idea.

Glide09

so...we shouldn't ever elect a new president again? they don't have the experience...I'm saying get the old :censored2:s that have been in there since Jesus came, and get new blood, new ideas in every few years. We can all bitch and moan about President xxxx did this blah blah, but he can't do anything without congress and those guys are so effing corrupt (both sides) they need to be on a term limit.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
so...we shouldn't ever elect a new president again? they don't have the experience...I'm saying get the old :censored2:s that have been in there since Jesus came, and get new blood, new ideas in every few years. We can all bitch and moan about President xxxx did this blah blah, but he can't do anything without congress and those guys are so effing corrupt (both sides) they need to be on a term limit.
Term limits won't stop corruption. All you're going to end up with is a cycle of inexperienced politicians that can be bought for even less.