trump 2016

newfie

if you have a choice between which dictator treats you the best, what kind of choice is that? or what kind of choice would it be to choose between slave masters, or feudal lords?

same thing, but each has a different internal structure. so does capitalism or worker run cooperatives.

which slave master or feudal lord do you belong to?

rickyb

Banned

i was suggesting to oldngray that since there was private slavery, and government run slavery... then theres private capitalist jobs, and government run capitalist jobs.

lets say you can choose which country you want to live in, and they are all dictatorships, and you can leave at any time for another dictatorship. im asking what kind of freedom is that?

newfie

i was suggesting to oldngray that since there was private slavery, and government run slavery... then theres private capitalist jobs, and government run capitalist jobs.

lets say you can choose which country you want to live in, and they are all dictatorships, and you can leave at any time for another dictatorship. im asking what kind of freedom is that?

when has there ever been government run slavery?

rickyb

Banned
Nope. Prisoners are paid for work they do. And they are incarcerated because of their own actions.
"Only a few hundred of Alabama’s 26,200 prisoners—the system is designed to hold only 13,130 people—are paid to work; they get 17 to 71 cents an hour. The rest are slaves."

oldngray

nowhere special
ok LOL. if the government isnt paying them to work, you tell me what that is lol.

and what does the 14th amendment of the constitution say again lol?

They put themselves into prison by committing crimes. Any wages they get while they are getting free housing and healthcare are irrelevant. Nothing do do with slavery in any way.

newfie

historically there was private slave masters, and government run slave masters. there was private capitalism, and government run capitalism.

and back to your previous point , If your argument is that these prisons are forms of private capitalism then you don't understand capitalism.

rickyb

Banned
and how does that devalue the present system of capitalism or keep you from moving employers if you so choose?
well the prison slave labor in america is an example about government run slavery. and i am saying if that is true, then theres also government run capitalism and private run capitalism.

well you can still leave one capitalist for another capitalist. which brings me back to the question of:

rickyb

Banned
They put themselves into prison by committing crimes. Any wages they get while they are getting free housing and healthcare are irrelevant. Nothing do do with slavery in any way.

during private slavery in america, did the slave masters not house their slaves? and is that justification for slavery?