trump 2016

upsgrunt

Racism sure is funny when it is outbound, huh?

Keep mocking the Good book with the answers enclosed- you sure can't debate when Its contents are used to support arguments.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The good book? Thomas Payne said something about the good book, and it went like this:

THOMAS PAINE
""Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half of the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we call it the word of a demon than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind."

And this from a man who helped the "other" non christians form this country Grunt.

Peace.

bbsam

Staff member
The good book? Thomas Payne said something about the good book, and it went like this:

THOMAS PAINE
""Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half of the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we call it the word of a demon than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind."

And this from a man who helped the "other" non christians form this country Grunt.

Peace.

The problem we have in quoting Payne (Paine?) is that his conclusion, if it can be called that, is simply unsupported by history. "It is a history of wickedness..." is indeed obvious and easily demonstrated. But to suggest, "...that has served to corrupt and brutalize..." belies fact. The fact in this case is that man of every time and culture from east to west, north to south has been corrupt and brutal. This is not an injustice done upon a lowly, unsuspecting, innocent human race, but an indictment on a humanity that given the wealth, resources, knowledge, and aptitude for kindness and generosity has chosen instead to engage in a senseless struggle for more and more without regard to environment or others. In short, religion has never created the evil it seeks to expose, but Payne would have you believe otherwise. Case in point: Islam did not create the terrorists that mock it's teachings with cruel actions.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You can toss around insults to the bible, but light one match near one Koran and all hell breaks loose. Well, screw their book too then!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
I caught a bit of the White House Correspondents dinner/roast last night. Donald Trump was there too. Both Obama and the writer from SNL did some Donald jokes. The camera was focused (far away view) on Trump for his reaction. It's best described as "We are not amused".

bbsam

Staff member
I caught a bit of the White House Correspondents dinner/roast last night. Donald Trump was there too. Both Obama and the writer from SNL did some Donald jokes. The camera was focused (far away view) on Trump for his reaction. It's best described as "We are not amused".

Why not? He seemed to take it well while being roasted on Comedy Central. Does the Donald now want to sit at the big people's table?

Why not? He seemed to take it well while being roasted on Comedy Central. Does the Donald now want to sit at the big people's table?
hmmmm, can't speak for the donald, but I think I could take ribbing from a group of friends much easily than criticism from my adversaries.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

hmmmm, can't speak for the donald, but I think I could take ribbing from a group of friends much easily than criticism from my adversaries.

You need to watch the clip--the Donald was not amused.

One of the lines was--"I heard Trump was running as a Republican which is funny because I thought he was running as a joke."

Obama also poked fun at the birthers by showing his birth video.

You need to watch the clip--the Donald was not amused.

One of the lines was--"I heard Trump was running as a Republican which is funny because I thought he was running as a joke."

Obama also poked fun at the birthers by showing his birth video.
I must say that any jokes poked toward the donald were pretty much earned.

bbsam

Staff member

From what I've seen of Trump, I don't thin he has any such thing as "a group of friends". But with an ego like his, noone is good enouth to be his friend anyway so to have human contact outside his "paid for" circle, it's gonna come from adversaries.

From what I've seen of Trump, I don't thin he has any such thing as "a group of friends". But with an ego like his, noone is good enouth to be his friend anyway so to have human contact outside his "paid for" circle, it's gonna come from adversaries.
You may have a point there, I sure wouldn't hang out with him.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
OK, you're a "redneck".

What is wrong with being termed a redneck?

The term redneck was developed to describe the hard working farmers and outside workers who by their bent heads working in the sun had red necks.
I believe this term was developed by a person sitting in an office somewhere while these hard working people were out in the fields and construction sites and UPS Package cars making an honest living ... probably in some Corporate cube.

island1fox

Island,

While it may appear that I am impressed with Obama beyond belief, I can say that I am not happy with him "personally". Not because he is a muslim, or a facist, or a marxist or cause hes black. Its because he is appearing weak.

His efforts to try and be "liked" by everyone while the country is on fire upsets me. I would rather he stood out strong and led by making tough decisions and sticking with them even if it brings him down and voted out than appear weak and undecided.

I know how hard it is for him to run this country given the circumstances he inherited when he took office and I dont envy the job. Any republican is probably thanking their lucky stars they didnt win the office or it would be them getting burned.

I want him to be stronger, be a leader, stop being afraid, dont worry about making friends and get this country on the right track. I believe we are recovering slowly, and the spending is something that has to be controlled, but the actual problems of this country rest with the congress and senate.

Our corporations have screwed this country over the last 20 years by leaving the country and abandoning the american workforce.

Had this not been the case, we wouldnt be having this conversation in the first place.

Take my word for it, Obama will be in trouble if he cant place the right people in the right spots in these last 2 years and show some progress.

Peace.

TOS,
Respectfully, take my word for it Obama is not what he claimed to be --HOPE AND CHANGE.
No matter who is around him he is a typical, professional politician not interested in the poor or helping people only interested in the next election and what the polls reflect for his next teleprompter speech and his quest to raise ONE BILLION dollars that he will spend to get himself elected -not for some poor kid starving.

upsgrunt

What is wrong with being termed a redneck?

The term redneck was developed to describe the hard working farmers and outside workers who by their bent heads working in the sun had red necks.
I believe this term was developed by a person sitting in an office somewhere while these hard working people were out in the fields and construction sites and UPS Package cars making an honest living ... probably in some Corporate cube.

It's just a word, right? Just like whitey, cracker, :censored2:, whore, :censored2:, and others.
Who decides what is offensive and what is not?

bbsam

Staff member
Most rednecks seem to relish the term. Especially after Jeff Foxworthy made the term almost in vogue...if that's possible for a redneck.:wink2: