Trump breaking unions

Box Ox

The company has to give out extra-contractual bonuses just to keep people walking in through the door.

So they’d keep the bonuses but axe benefits that younger part timers tend to care less about than older folks do. Whatever they can do to improve the bottom line for investors.

El Correcto

god is dead
UPS already pays many of its employees fast food wages. Teamsters had no problems making sure people would make very little money at UPS. The Union is a joke.
Reeee fast food wages for working part time lifting boxes. Please being a part timer is easy. After a year your benefit package is worth more than the yearly salary of a fast food worker.

bacha29

Just remember without the IBT the market will dictate the wages it pays. Want to know where the market level is for blue collar box ox? Again just take a look at what Ground and ADP grunts are getting paid. Do you really think that you would be better off at their level? Because without the IBT where they're at is where you're headed .

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
The problem isn't the union, it's being PT. You can't put in half the work and expect all the gains. Work FT, get all the gains. And I can attest that the union, as a FT driver, makes a big difference. I've done essentially the same job for about half the pay with FedEx versus the unionized UPS.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Just remember without the IBT the market will dictate the wages it pays. Want to know where the market level is for blue collar box ox? Again just take a look at what Ground and ADP grunts are getting paid. Do you really think that you would be better off at their level? Because without the IBT where they're at is where you're headed .
you can also make the argument without unions prices would be cheaper

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The problem isn't the union, it's being PT. You can't put in half the work and expect all the gains. Work FT, get all the gains. And I can attest that the union, as a FT driver, makes a big difference. I've done essentially the same job for about half the pay with FedEx versus the unionized UPS.
The problem ISN'T the union, it's those who want the pay that the union (should) collectively bargain for, without the expense of paying dues, or be willing to sacrifice when the bargaining gets tough.

The problem that IS the union is that those who are paid to represent the rank and file tend to become corrupt over time, much like the politicians in Washington.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
The problem ISN'T the union, it's those who want the pay that the union (should) collectively bargain for, without the expense of paying dues, or be willing to sacrifice when the bargaining gets tough.

The problem that IS the union is that those who are paid to represent the rank and file tend to become corrupt over time, much like the politicians in Washington.

Yeah I can agree to that. You can't get something for nothing. And those in power taking advantage of, pretty much.

bacha29

you can also make the argument without unions prices would be cheaper
EPS would be higher and not all prices would be lower. With one million feeders having died in Midwestern flooding rest assured cheaper labor rates will not lower the future price of beef.

newfie

Many people that complained about the last contract also voted for trump and republicans. Good luck with your wage and benefits without a union.
Fear mongering is an important part of unionism. I guess the 80 percent non union are all living in the streets and starving?

newfie

I'd say rising tide lifts all boats but then I would have to explain it.
No I think the tide is as high as it will go.

I do find it interesting how you Dems talk that union talk out of one side of your mouth while supporting illegal immigration that drive wages down out of the other.

But then I might have to explain that.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Trump is currently meeting with all Governors in a Workforce Freedom initiative. It’s main goal is to end unions in the US. Trump may be right, unions have passed their time. They collect money, and do nothing. There is a lot of decertification talk going around at UPS, it’s nice to know the President thinks the same.

Do you want to see unions come to an end? Or do you want to see unions get better at what they should be doing?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
So they’d keep the bonuses but axe benefits that younger part timers tend to care less about than older folks do. Whatever they can do to improve the bottom line for investors.
Nice thought in theory but few P/Timers care about the benefits ... how many are 26 or younger?