Trump breaking unions

floridays

Compare UPS compensation for package delivery to literally any of its competitors. You’re living in fantasy land and ignoring how hard it is to unionize and the revolving door employment the current generation works in.
How old are you? Union wage used to be union wage, whether you were on your first day or 30 years seniority.
Why does the union fail new hires?
Will you seek to have the teamsters offer the same wage as you currently get on their first day?
If not, why not?
Yes God-Emperor Trump is very pro union comrade, Las Vegas was merely an isolated incident. Nothing to question, dear leader is beyond reproach.
Are you pro union to that extent, same pay first day?

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Many people that complained about the last contract also voted for trump and republicans. Good luck with your wage and benefits without a union.
But there is a flip side to that. What about those who voted for Trump and appreciates what the Union has done for them? Who votes everytime but knows the Union is a slave to the company? Who pines for the days when our Union was strong and stood their ground? It's not as cookie cutter as you think.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Fear mongering is an important part of unionism. I guess the 80 percent non union are all living in the streets and starving?
They may not be living in the streets and starving, but they also aren’t retiring early and are paying a lot more for medical care.

newfie

Trump ran construction in new york and was successful . you dont operate in new york without union labor. at the same time it does not seem hehad a lot if any labor problems with those unions.

Multiple lawsuits from not paying for work done.

those are not union related issues. those are disputes over the quality of work. common guys think.

newfie

Compare UPS compensation for package delivery to literally any of its competitors. You’re living in fantasy land and ignoring how hard it is to unionize and the revolving door employment the current generation works in.

yes i understand that ups compensation is good. I said that back in this thread. now step out of your brain washing and tell me why there are so many other jobs where people are also doing well and do not have unions.

newfie

They may not be living in the streets and starving, but they also aren’t retiring early and are paying a lot more for medical care.

seems we had a discussion here not long ago about all the amazon jobs paying over 150 k a year. retirement plans lock you in to one company and one job. union jobs lock you into one industry.
401 K's give you the mobility to shop around for better jobs.

the retirement plan and the union limits your choices .

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
seems we had a discussion here not long ago about all the amazon jobs paying over 150 k a year. retirement plans lock you in to one company and one job. union jobs lock you into one industry.
401 K's give you the mobility to shop around for better jobs.

the retirement plan and the union limits your choices .
When shopping for jobs, do you regularly get up to two months of paid time off as an offer? That doesn’t seem to happen to the average Joe.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I have a question.

Imagine if a bunch of anti-union people decided to try and bust unions from the inside. They took union jobs, made names for themselves, got voted into positions of authority within the union. Possibly with backing from other anti-union people or organizations. Imagine what they might do to kill unions, while trying to maintain the facade of being a "union guy".

I ask you, how would that be any different than what is happening in Unions now?

El Correcto

god is dead
so you're saying upsers are too stupid and too incompetent to find great paying jobs without the union?
I’m saying UPS is one of the only places left for you to walk off the street with no credentials or personal ties and make over 80,000 a year with full benefits.

It’s not just a coincidence it happens to be a union shop.

It’s one of the few jobs left people will hold down for 30+ years. Where you watch your co workers age over the course of a decade.

Because your head is up your ass.
13juyVZXXDbak8.gif

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It's no secret that @newfie is UPS management.

He's here to let you know that Trump loves unions!.... and also.... unions are unnecessary and the jobs aren't that great and pensions are terrible and it's just a dues sucking money scam..... and Trump loves unions and unions love Trump, maga!

dude is a joke