Trump Picks Kavanaugh for SCOTUS (not Hardiman)

El Correcto

god is dead
I mean start naming some issues and I can show you democrats supporting them....

The huge political shift has been towards the left over the last 50-100 years.

BrownArmy

This guy will get confirmed.

When folks say, ‘well, he’s just an Originalist’ or whatever, don’t forget, he’s been vetted by the Federalist society and the Heritage Foundation.

This dude is ‘conservative’ as conservative gets.

Anyone on here saying he’s ‘not conservative enough’ has no realistic idea about history or reality.

Cheers.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I mean start naming some issues and I can show you democrats supporting them....

The huge political shift has been towards the left over the last 50-100 years.
Started in 1932 and the trend had been more liberal since then.
More than likely the reversing of that trend during the Trump years will be a blip on the timeline just like the Reagan years.
Bush Jr continued the liberalism during his years while his Dad just floundered around.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

When folks say, ‘well, he’s just an Originalist’ or whatever, don’t forget, he’s been vetted by the Federalist society and the Heritage Foundation.

Anyone on here saying he’s ‘not conservative enough’ has no realistic idea about history or reality.

Cheers.
I agree with that ... I think.
I would consider Roberts, Thomas and Alito to be more conservative than Kavanaugh.
Gorsuch I’m not sure about.

I don’t look at SCOTUS Justices as liberal or conservative but rather Progressive Constitutionalist versus Originalist Constitutionalist.

A Progressive will decide a ruling and then look for wording in the Constitution to support their position. This can be a Liberal or a Conservative.

An Originalist will look for relavant text in the Constitution and then determine a position.

I WELCOME FEEDBACK AS I NEVER PUT THIS DOWN IN WRITING BEFORE.

El Correcto

god is dead

Cheers.
Lol, conservative as conservative gets defends obama care.

vantexan

I heard today that Robert’s allowing Obamacare to stand was actually based on reasoning made by Kavanaugh at the appellate level.
Saw that too. Otherwise he's pretty conservative. I honestly doubt they'll overturn Roe vs Wade for the reason it might cause catastrophic rioting.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
kavanaugh-600-la.jpg