Trump supporters too dumb to realize that they are ignorant.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
1548084536834.jpg

LarryBird

All hail the dark lord!
You mean, dear leader, right?

All hail the dear leader, his skin of orange, and hair made of the finest animal pelts available - oh, how thankful we are, to the dear leader, for the best words.

Dear leader comforts us in this time of desperation, and his orange skin lords over us, the personification our country's wealth and power - private tanning beds are no joke, and you know Donny White Goggles' takes his tanning deadly serious. #MAGA

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
"Pay no attention to the ma

All hail the dear leader, his skin of orange, and hair made of the finest animal pelts available - oh, how thankful we are, to the dear leader, for the best words.

Dear leader comforts us in this time of desperation, and his orange skin lords over us, the personification our country's wealth and power - private tanning beds are no joke, and you know Donny White Goggles' takes his tanning deadly serious. #MAGA
Amen.

newfie

you're half way there.

LarryBird

And you're half-way there 'Cause if my mind's tore up. Then my body don't care.

Zappa
And you're half-way there 'Cause if my mind's tore up. Then my body don't care. Fz: I rubbed my chinny-chin-chin and ...
Frank Zappa's pretentious lyrics are exhausting.

His composing, however, was top of the class. He's one of the great composers of the 20th century. Homie doesn't get his due on that, because his lyrics were so trite, abrasive, and unworthy of the music.

Satire in music is one thing, and it's great when it's done well, but it's truly terrible when it's done poorly, or when it's done been driven into the ground repeatedly, and that's what Zappa did. All of the above. He did some well, a lot more, poorly, and drove it into the ground all along the way, of a nearly 30 year career.

He really should have taken a crack at serious lyrics, because he was an extremely intelligent guy with a lot to say, and it got lost in translation when he tried to deliver it strictly through humor and hurt his standing in the musical pantheon.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Frank Zappa's pretentious lyrics are exhausting.

His composing, however, was top of the class. He's one of the great composers of the 20th century. Homie doesn't get his due on that, because his lyrics were so trite, abrasive, and unworthy of the music.

Satire in music is one thing, and it's great when it's done well, but it's truly terrible when it's done poorly, or when it's done been driven into the ground repeatedly, and that's what Zappa did. All of the above. He did some well, a lot more, poorly, and drove it into the ground all along the way, of a nearly 30 year career.

He really should have taken a crack at serious lyrics, because he was an extremely intelligent guy with a lot to say, and it got lost in translation when he tried to deliver it strictly through humor and hurt his standing in the musical pantheon.
I'm not use to hearing someone who is so judgmental and negative about others ... go see a psychologist or grow up.

LarryBird

I'm not use to hearing someone who is so judgmental and negative about others ... go see a psychologist or grow up.
It's unclear how a critique of Frank Zappa's lyrics, that was neither negative or positive in it's position, could be construed as judgemental or 'negative about others'.

The fact that this is what you gleaned from a post where I complimented Zappa as one of the great composers of the 20th century, spoke of his tremendous intelligence, lauded the lyrical satire of his best work, and lamented the diminished status that the misunderstanding of his lyrics has caused to his legacy in musical history, suggests to me that you may be the one who needs to 'go see a psychologist or grow up'...Just sayin', it seems to me. Your opinion may vary. But the above information in this post is indisputable.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
It's unclear how a critique of Frank Zappa's lyrics, that was neither negative or positive in it's position, could be construed as judgemental or 'negative about others'.

The fact that this is what you gleaned from a post where I complimented Zappa as one of the great composers of the 20th century, spoke of his tremendous intelligence, lauded the lyrical satire of his best work, and lamented the diminished status that the misunderstanding of his lyrics has caused to his legacy in musical history, suggests to me that you may be the one who needs to 'go see a psychologist or grow up'...Just sayin', it seems to me. Your opinion may vary. But the above information in this post is indisputable.
judgmental

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I love when people attribute the dunning kruger effect to those they disagree with, but are blissfully unaware that it applies to themselves equally. The irony is delicious. And as far as dumb vs ignorant, dumb being the opposite of smart, and ignorant being the opposite of knowledgeable, you can be too dumb to understand that you lack knowledge. You can't fix stupid, but you can always learn something new.

It's the old adage: education is the progressive realization of our own ignorance.

Put another way, you will find it difficult to learn anything if you think you know everything. If the democrats want to have any hope in the next election, they need to learn to stop alienating conservatives with the constant insults. They need to give us an option that we can actually bring ourselves to consider voting for.