trump tax rebate

But not in tight pick ups in Boston

F92C0383-A8E6-424A-B3FE-3AA8D25522F8.png

Bow thrusters help too.

beentheredonethat

guess what ups did with trump money? bought 6 new jets and investing in ups freight tractors! if they have the money to do that then I think they give us a AT LEAST A $1.00 ACROSS THE BOARD!!! $4.15 over 5 years? BULL****!!!!!!

It amazes me when people don't look at relatively recent history and see a pattern. Look at the auto industry in the 60's. Union shops demanding a ton of money, coupled with some poor management decisions allowed foreign competitors to come in and now dominate the market. Similar issues for steel industry etc. It seems that the union is always trying to kill the golden goose and not realize a steady stream of golden eggs is the best in the long term. When I started 30 years ago, it was any day that the union was going to unionize FDX (which then was only air) to level the playing field. Now, 30 plus years later, FDX air and FDX ground both aren't unionized and their payroll and HW and pension cost are tiny compared to UPS. They have automated their facilities to reduce their cost further. At the point which will be very soon, that they handle more volume than UPS, they will have delivery density better than ours and we will get beaten up by our competitors. Also, our competitor isn't just FDX and USPS. It is all the local couriers.

Last edited:

big daddy 64

first, the trump money is in effect PERMANATLY!! so considering how many ups hubs there are, that comes to a lot of green! 2nd I don't mind if ups invests in infrastructure which a good company should do, but why not invest in the hubs themselves? in our hub were working with roller lines that don't roll. some of them you cant even push or pull them. most of them have a roller or two missing, not to mention the fact that our hub is a 80000 capacity max hub and we do that almost twice that amount everday! last, the workers are your infostructure! without us, nothing would get loaded or driven to its destination!