Trump's Economy

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If anybody cared about debt....they'd cut down spending.
Like Pelosi stated this morning....there's no other way but to raise taxes.....the idea of spending less doesn't even enter her pea-size brain.
It's foolish to talk about cutting debt without talking about cuts to Social Security, Medicare, and military spending. If you refuse to cut those things then there's no point in even talking about the debt.

rod

Retired 22 years
SS and medicare are, by definition, welfare

they also account for like a billion times more expedinture than the normal "welfare" you meant

SS and Medicare were for the most part funded by deductions out of my paychecks for years and years. Those getting welfare (for the most part) haven't contributed squat.

rickyb

It's foolish to talk about cutting debt without talking about cuts to Social Security, Medicare, and military spending. If you refuse to cut those things then there's no point in even talking about the debt.
social security is inadequate. it needs to be expanded. and its an easy fix. i dont know about medicare.

moreluck

golden ticket member
In our household if there was ever a debt problem, we started on the soup & sandwich program. There's got to be something similar for a bigger basis, like a country's debt,

Sportello

Ya, it's called cuts to Social Security, Medicare, and military spending. TTKU.
Interestingly enough, those programs, plus the interest on the debt, equal almost the total revenue.

You could cut everything but defense and medicaid/medicare and social security and still come up short.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Interestingly enough, those programs, plus the interest on the debt, equal almost the total revenue.

You could cut everything but defense and medicaid/medicare and social security and still come up short.
dont need cut, you have to slow growth

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
SS and Medicare were for the most part funded by deductions out of my paychecks for years and years. Those getting welfare (for the most part) haven't contributed squat.
giphy.gif

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Cut out welfare costs and SS, Medicare and the Military spending could stay the same .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Probably be upside down until the last of the baby boomers exit. No rush just saying.
I pity you.
Do you know that robots don't have to be paid nor taxed ?
They are really going to shrink the work force .
So who's going to pay for your SS benefits ?

Last edited: