Trump's Economy

bbsam

Staff member
When he was elected y'all were saying he would destroy the economy. Did your minds expand since then?
You do realize that if you see any kind of sustained 4% growth, the Federal Reserve will raise interest rates precisely to slow it down, right?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
And we sure the heck won't feel bad when you don't get SS or a pension or Medicare. Enjoy working until you are 80 sucker.
With the amount of money I'm making, if I end up dependent on a government program or a pension, something would have to go terribly wrong in my life.

I can take responsibility for myself. I don't need someone else to pay for me to sit on my ass for the last 30 years of my life.

vantexan

With the amount of money I'm making, if I end up dependent on a government program or a pension, something would have to go terribly wrong in my life.

I can take responsibility for myself. I don't need someone else to pay for me to sit on my ass for the last 30 years of my life.
I'm certain UPS would be happy to rescind your pension.

BrownArmy

Not to slow it down below 3% however.

Wut?

By all rational measures, the economy is kicking.

Not the time for a stimulus, but that’s where we’re going, if you listen to P. Ryan, who lies and makes it sound convincing.

If we heat this economy up too much, the Fed will slow it down.

Don’t listen to the rhetoric, follow the numbers.

This tax plan is poorly thought out, poorly executed, and doesn’t help anyone but the donor classes.

It’s funny, Trump ran a Populist campaign about helping the working class, railing against Wall Street, etc., and now he’s about to sign the largest redistribution of wealth from his voters to corporations and seriously rich people.

Sick of winning?

You will be.

floridays

Something has already gone terribly wrong in your life, you're just not reaping the benefits yet.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Retirement (I hope) is much more than sitting on ones ass for the last 30 years of your life.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Retirement (I hope) is much more than sitting on ones ass for the last 30 years of your life.
Context Darius.
"Sitting on their asses", as in not working.

The idea that people can live 30+ years without working isn't feasible for the vast majority of the population. Stealing from young people to support that lifestyle choice can't continue forever.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Context Darius.
"Sitting on their asses", as in not working.

The idea that people can live 30+ years without working isn't feasible for the vast majority of the population. Stealing from young people to support that lifestyle choice can't continue forever.

There are generational welfare recipients who would beg to differ with you.

bbsam

Staff member
If all this stimulus will make the economy explode, that should make Obamacare even
So you're saying the Fed will cease keeping the interest rate artificially low?
I am saying that the "promised land" of a roaring economy that enriches everyone is to a large extent a fantasy.