Trump's Economy

floridays

If all this stimulus will make the economy explode, that should make Obamacare even

I am saying that the "promised land" of a roaring economy that enriches everyone is to a large extent a fantasy.
No, this is what you said:

You do realize that if you see any kind of sustained 4% growth, the Federal Reserve will raise interest rates precisely to slow it down, right?

Have the rates been kept low artificially low, or have they been driven by market forces.
Because you only answer a question with another question, or just decline to answer, I'll answer it for you. The answer would be, artificially.
Throughout the entire Obama terms they were kept artificially low, whatever path the Fed takes in the future, be assured it will not be driven by market forces, it will be to control the market as they deem "it's highest utility."
If the economy recedes after their impending manipulations I rest assured that you and your type will faithfully lay the blame at Trumps feet.

I'm gonna give you another chance, Did (and has) the Fed keep interest rates artificially low for the past decade?

bbsam

Staff member

Have the rates been kept low artificially low, or have they been driven by market forces.
Because you only answer a question with another question, or just decline to answer, I'll answer it for you. The answer would be, artificially.
Throughout the entire Obama terms they were kept artificially low, whatever path the Fed takes in the future, be assured it will not be driven by market forces, it will be to control the market as they deem "it's highest utility."
If the economy recedes after their impending manipulations I rest assured that you and your type will faithfully lay the blame at Trumps feet.

I'm gonna give you another chance, Did (and has) the Fed keep interest rates artificially low for the past decade?
I would say absolutely they have. I would say that in the only slightly bigger picture, everything the fed does is artificial.

bbsam

Staff member

That's how it goes in the presidency. That's the job he auditioned for. That's the job he got with all its accolades and damnations.

refineryworker05

The craven dishonesty of republicans is just sad. I mean really sad. Presidents do get credit for how the economy performs while they are in office, but there are zero indicators that the economy is doing appreciably better than it was last year, or the year before that and republicans had a lot of what are now proven phony complaints about the economy during those years.

vantexan

The craven dishonesty of republicans is just sad. I mean really sad. Presidents do get credit for how the economy performs while they are in office, but there are zero indicators that the economy is doing appreciably better than it was last year, or the year before that and republicans had a lot of what are now proven phony complaints about the economy during those years.
I would suggest that judging by the sheer amount of Christmas volume the economy has improved.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
the gdp numbers alone tell you it is doing better

Jkloc420

yes, because they were borrowing 9 trillion

Jkloc420

The economy has been improving for years. All of the sudden the economic figures that republicans claimed were fake for 8 years are proof that Trump is jesus' second coming.

It's all typical partisan bs.
wrong 8 years of 1 percent growth is not good, your not really growing anything

Jkloc420

The economy has been improving for years. All of the sudden the economic figures that republicans claimed were fake for 8 years are proof that Trump is jesus' second coming.

you need 3 percent growth to do anything

Jkloc420

regulations alone can make an economy stagnated

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
what the banks and housing industry were doing wasnt regulated, packaging bad loans etc. We had low growth because everything was being regulated
lol wut?
we had low growth because lack of regulation caused a recession, but the low growth was because of regulation?

You gotta pick another talking point man, the anti-regulation sham doesn't hold up.

Jkloc420

lol wut?
we had low growth because lack of regulation caused a recession, but the low growth was because of regulation?

You gotta pick another talking point man, the anti-regulation sham doesn't hold up.
your not understanding, you cant regulate all the banks the same, just because one bank does shady stuff dont mean your neighborhood bank should be regulated the same