Trying to figure out this loss of coverage thing.

BUCN85

So one of my letters saying loss of coverage 4/23/2017 because my insurance and FMLA are still being worked out. Very long process for some reason. Is insurance paid out on that Sunday? I thought it was but I was at work the whole previous week. So the insurance shouldn't have cut off that week. Or does it take a couple weeks to get cut off

Returntosender

So one of my letters saying loss of coverage 4/23/2017 because my insurance and FMLA are still being worked out. Very long process for some reason. Is insurance paid out on that Sunday? I thought it was but I was at work the whole previous week. So the insurance shouldn't have cut off that week. Or does it take a couple weeks to get cut off
You have paycheck stub with earning week ending 4/23/2017?

BUCN85

So do you have a pay stub for the following week? Or were you laid off the whole week?
The only gap I have would be the week ending 5/5 indicating I wasn't there the previous week 4/24-4/28. Ahh I think i see it now. Insurance is paid on the Sunday before as long as a punch is recorded. If no punch insurance isn't paid. This has to be it because the 2 bills I received that weren't covered were 4/24 and 4/26.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The only gap I have would be the week ending 5/5 indicating I wasn't there the previous week 4/24-4/28. Ahh I think i see it now. Insurance is paid on the Sunday before as long as a punch is recorded. If no punch insurance isn't paid. This has to be it because the 2 bills I received that weren't covered were 4/24 and 4/26.

The workweek starts on Sunday. You do not have insurance for any week, Sun-Sat, that you do not have at least 1 report for (Option Day, Holiday, Sick Day, Vacation, etc)

If you are legitimately supposed to be on FMLA. and it is just that the paperwork is still not processed, UPS will have to retro-actively cover that week and the insurance will pay the bills when they approve the FMLA.

There are circumstances where FMLA is not foreseen to have the paperwork already approved.

StoptheAct1212

I had a similar problem on fmla when i was home with my newborn...
Just call the billing company and let them know your situation, and contact the people at coporate Ups that handle the fmla... all should be ok.