Twenty years- hard to believe.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
That one day walk out was strange , not all locals supported that and they wanted to fire a lot of us who did !! Was that in 93 or 94 ?
That was a wild day !!

Very strange.

We walked, lots of threats were made and we were back to work the next day.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
That one day walk out was strange , not all locals supported that and they wanted to fire a lot of us who did !! Was that in 93 or 94 ?
That was a wild day !!

I think it was 1993. The company told us they weren't going to raise the weight limit from 70 to 100 pounds. They were honest for once, they jacked it up to 150. They had already printed up the new Rate Charts for shippers before the contract was voted on.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I think it was 1993. The company told us they weren't going to raise the weight limit from 70 to 100 pounds. They were honest for once, they jacked it up to 150. They had already printed up the new Rate Charts for shippers before the contract was voted on.
Yeah , then they showed us a insulting video of a 100 lb woman using leverage to move a pkg out of her car ,, I had a college on my rte that spring those dam kids jammed everything into in pkg to ship home !! We walked out in local 25 in Boston , boy were they
Pis sed the next day !! Lol