New 401k app blows

pkgdriver

Anybody self managed? How is that on the site?
Mine is the still the old Prudential site. The totals are on Empower but you use the old site for trades so far. I believe to transfer into/ out of the Self Managed you have to call now.

ManInBrown

I called empower to ask about where to find portfolio performance. Was told all the money was transferred over last week, that’s why the app just changed, and no one will be able to see any performance prior to the funds being transferred. Everything starts over. How that’s even legal I have no idea. So for anyone wanting to see portfolio performance we’ll have to wait three months, or six months or a year.

Raven Rocks

I called empower to ask about where to find portfolio performance. Was told all the money was transferred over last week, that’s why the app just changed, and no one will be able to see any performance prior to the funds being transferred. Everything starts over. How that’s even legal I have no idea. So for anyone wanting to see portfolio performance we’ll have to wait three months, or six months or a year.
From their FAQ:

10. Will I be able to see past information about my account balance and fund performance?
Approximately 60 days following the upgrade of your account, three years of
transaction activity will be available in your account online. To access, select your
account, then select Transaction History or Statements and Documents under Account
Information to view your account history

I seem to remember the same thing happening when the plan switched from State Street to Prudential.

Gotta Go

Talked to Empower today about no link to Self Managed account. Was told that I would have to use old link indefinitely. I offered to fly to Boston and set up the programming for them. I got the run around. They eventually more or less hung up on me after I told them their service was terrible. Prudential was million times better.

Thebrownblob

Talked to Empower today about no link to Self Managed account. Was told that I would have to use old link indefinitely. I offered to fly to Boston and set up the programming for them. I got the run around. They eventually more or less hung up on me after I told them their service was terrible. Prudential was million times better.
Empower is the ghetto 401(k) administrator

ManInBrown

From their FAQ:

10. Will I be able to see past information about my account balance and fund performance?
Approximately 60 days following the upgrade of your account, three years of
transaction activity will be available in your account online. To access, select your
account, then select Transaction History or Statements and Documents under Account
Information to view your account history

I seem to remember the same thing happening when the plan switched from State Street to Prudential.
So the person I spoke to was wrong I guess because they said you won’t be able to see anything prior to the funds being moved to Empower.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Impossible to find performance. Very wonky. The old app was seamless and Empower took over the business more than a year ago I believe, so why change something that isn’t broke? Some cubicle donkey trying to justify his or her salary. Idiots
I can’t even login. I called in to get into my passcode. Call volumes were high so I requested a call back. They never called…..

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
why do you need so badly to see your portfolio performance?

oldngray

nowhere special
After some trial and error , it works.
percent works.gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Kind of ironic, the powers that be, approved a 401k take-over firm that makes the participants less Empowered, not more!