Two week notice with one vacation week?

Evelyn1993

I have been with ups for six years and was offered a wonderful position somewhere else that has to do with my career and on top of that I have one more yr to complete my RN. I'm ready to quit however i'm getting mixed reviews on how to go about it. I have one week vacation which I've already scheduled two weeks in advance. Is it best to put in my two week notice now so on my second week i'll be off with vacation, or wait after my vacation to put in my notice? My managers kinda of difficult and gave two ppl that did the two week notice with vacation a hard time.

Nimnim

The Nim
If payroll has your vacation week set it doesn't matter what your manager wants. If you're ready to leave and the last week before you leave is your vacation so be it, you should get the check a week before the vacation anyways which would give you 2 weeks notice. If the new position you've been offered isn't ready to take you for another week or so I'd wait until that lines up with the 2 weeks unless you want time between jobs.

Edit: Ultimately, even if you say I quit and don't come in the next day UPS doesn't comment on employment beyond if you worked for them or not so while the 2 week notice is a nice custom it doesn't hurt you if you don't follow it.

IESucks

I have been with ups for six years and was offered a wonderful position somewhere else that has to do with my career and on top of that I have one more yr to complete my RN. I'm ready to quit however i'm getting mixed reviews on how to go about it. I have one week vacation which I've already scheduled two weeks in advance. Is it best to put in my two week notice now so on my second week i'll be off with vacation, or wait after my vacation to put in my notice? My managers kinda of difficult and gave two ppl that did the two week notice with vacation a hard time.
Omg. Too funny. Take ur vacation and just don't go back.

Congrats on the new job! RN is very rewarding. Have a few in the family. It takes some balls to do what they do. Good for you man I'm super happy for you.