Un-freaking believable!

atatbl

Lol, I love that song! I didn't think anyone here would know it!

You have just changed the way I will view you.... permanently. Unfortunately, liking kesha doesn't usually earn people respect.... I can only picture the look on your co-workers' faces if they saw you listening to that pop culture jibberish and (god forbid) trying to dance to it.

atatbl

Lol, I love that song! I didn't think anyone here would know it!

And you know what... just so I'm not the only one laughing at you.... here is the song over's sig is from and that he cherishes so greatly...

[video=youtube;iP6XpLQM2Cs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP6XpLQM2Cs[/video]

And if there WERE a good line from this song that would be sig worthy, it would be brushing your teeth with a bottle of jack :)

rod

Retired 22 years
Pickup, you do bring up a valid point. One of the drawbacks of having the same area is that you tend to become complacent and perhaps not as aware of your surroundings as you should be. On the other hand, having the same area, you get to know the potential problem areas and those areas that require extra attention.

It is quite possible that he may have been distracted or perhaps not as aware of his surroundings as he should have been.

Rod's suggestion simply reinforces my opinion of him.
I don't recall saying that was what he should have done. I believe I said I was surprised he didn't do that. Like I should care what a know it all brown noser thinks about me?

A

anonymous6

sober;

any follow up?

if i were him , I woulda worked an extra day to go out on top.

wait, the next day would be a ride along, right?

so it would have to be 2 days.:sad-very:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
sober;

any follow up?

if i were him , I woulda worked an extra day to go out on top.

wait, the next day would be a ride along, right?

so it would have to be 2 days.:sad-very:

The accident occured a week ago, which was his last work day. He had optional holidays scheduled for Thursday and Friday, followed by 6 weeks of vacation before he is "officially" seperated from the company. His route is already up for bid. I cannot imagine why he would want to come back after 6 weeks off just to experience the joy of an OJS ride for one day.

I have not heard whether or not the accident was deemed avoidable, or if he will be getting a warning letter. Knowing UPS the way I do, Im pretty sure they will go ahead and mail him one even though they know he is never coming back.

Congrats to the person who retired. As for the accident being avoidable, give me a break. Look at the impact site. What was this person to do, put the pakage car on two wheels !?

As always at the Big Brown. Every accident is your fault. I think they need to look up the meaning of accident.:whiteflag:

tieguy

Banned
Just finished his last delivery and headed back on his last day. Is it possible his mind was somewhere else? Reminiscing about days past or fantasizing about days to come? In other words , was his full attention somewhere not where it should be? I know, blind corner, yadda yadda yadda. Still , I wonder. It is said for an accident to occur, that a conspiracy of elements is needed. One missing and the accident doesn't happen. I wonder if he provided one of the elements. I speak as a driver and I know that sometimes getting distracted in my own thoughts can cause trouble. That is why I try to keep an even keel.

I had the same thought. the tip never relax comes to mind.

tieguy

Banned
I have not heard whether or not the accident was deemed avoidable, or if he will be getting a warning letter. Knowing UPS the way I do, Im pretty sure they will go ahead and mail him one even though they know he is never coming back.

I guess you're basing this on experience. How many warning letters have we mailed to retirees in your center in the past.

I guess i'm curious what kind of relationship do you have with management in your center. I can see that you may be reluctant to ask if they gave him a warning letter but you should be able to ask whether the accident was deemed avoidable or unavoidable?

If you're going to badmouth ups and your center team don't you think you at least have an obligation to get the facts and based your posts on accurate information.

I mean here I see someone who went out of his way to slam the company on a message board but did not have enough desire to get a few basic answers relevant to the slam?

I think this is another example of a disturbing trend. you love to find excuses to slam your center and your company on this site but apparently have no relationship with your management team nor the gumption to look them in the eye and ask them questions.

Hypothetical question. Im in my package car going 60mph(speed limit) on a two lane highway in the country. The area is heavily wooded for miles and miles. Every 3/4 miles or so is a street that intersects with this highway. The streets have stop signs while the highway is designed as a straight shot(no stop signs). My question is: Do we slow down to 30 mph to clear intercection at each street, because the trees block a long distance view. What about city drivers who have buildings instead of trees and every block is blinded by the buildings(of course in the city the speed limit would not be 60.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

also, is there a forum or website for strickly UPS union employees. No management or outsiders.

The members here represent all aspects of UPS and bring a wide range of experiences and viewpoints to the table. I think that the forum would be a pale imitation of itself if it were limited only to UPS union employees.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
[....I guess i'm curious what kind of relationship do you have with management in your center. I can see that you may be reluctant to ask if they gave him a warning letter but you should be able to ask whether the accident was deemed avoidable or unavoidable?

If you're going to badmouth ups and your center team don't you think you at least have an obligation to get the facts and based your posts on accurate information......

1. The accident occured less than a week ago and is still under investigation. It has not yet been determined if the accident was avoidable or not.

2. The driver was in my building but was from a different center, so speaking to my management team would serve no purpose.

3. It would not be appropriate for me to approach a management person and ask questions about whether or not another driver was getting a warning letter or other discipline. Nor would it be appropriate for any management person to share this information if asked.

I am guessing that a warning letter will be issued, simply because it will help the management person in question to pad his numbers and meet his quota. The company would be within its rights to do so since the employee is still technically on the payroll until his vacation is over with. Obviously, the warning letter would be meaningless and serve no purpose...but that never stopped them from issuing them in the past.