un- just disqualification

UPSGUY72

13 years at UPS you must have pissed someone off pretty good and or there is a lot more to this story that doesn't shed a pretty picture on your behalf.

Also remember don't take it personally as everyone isn't cut out to be a driver no matter how bad they want to be one. Just like everyone isn't cut out to be a Lawyer, DR, teacher,etc . Some people just don't have what it takes even if they think they do.

I'm sure you know some people in your building that should never have made there 30 days apparently management is making sure that they don't have more of those people....

Whargoul

You can get in trouble if you can't find it when you are at the stop, find it later and rather than run it off or sheet as missed you try to hide it in your pickups.

HAHA! Yeah I did that when I first started driving and I had like a whole hand truck full. I thought the center manager was going to castrate me.

tourists24

13 years at UPS you must have pissed someone off pretty good and or there is a lot more to this story that doesn't shed a pretty picture on your behalf.

Also remember don't take it personally as everyone isn't cut out to be a driver no matter how bad they want to be one. Just like everyone isn't cut out to be a Lawyer, DR, teacher,etc . Some people just don't have what it takes even if they think they do.

I'm sure you know some people in your building that should never have made there 30 days apparently management is making sure that they don't have more of those people....

funny,,,, guys in my center mustve really ticked off management... the last 9 drivers in a row have all been disqualified... Ive been here 25 years... Don't think that many have been disqualified in all that time put together..... Whats different now? sucky candidates?

UPSGUY72

i ran 42 under and 61 under my last 2 days with a consistant dispatch. im pretty sure i can do it

You ran under 2 days and you think your the next best thing to slice bread.... You need to understand that routes dispatched these days hardly ever cover the exact same area everyday so complaining that because you had a inconsistent dispatch you never could run scratch doesn't cut it. You need to have the ability to adapt and overcome.

tiredofbrown123

thats not what my shop steward said. and i didnt claim i was the best thing that whatever. contract calls for a consistant dispatch. after that its a learning process

Cementups

Box Monkey
i cant do that. then they'll fire me

ARTICLE 37. MANAGEMENT EMPLOYEE REL ATIONS

Section 1.

(a) The parties agree that the principle of a fair day’s work for a fair day’s pay shall be observed at all times and employees shall

Master

perform their duties in a manner that best represents the Employer’s interest. The Employer shall not in any way intimidate, harass, coerce or overly supervise any employee in the perform- ance of his or her duties. The Employer shall not retaliate against employees for exercising rights under this Agreement. In considering any grievance alleging retaliation for exercising his rights under the Agreement, the severity and timing of the Employer’s actions that modify an employee’s work assign- ment or reprimand employees shall be relevant factors to a determination of motivation. The Employer will treat employees with dignity and respect at all times, which shall include, but not be limited to, giving due consideration to the age and physical condi- tion of the employee. Employees will also treat each other as well as the Employer with dignity and respect.

tiredofbrown123

didnt read that part, thats what i was told. suppose to be a consistant dispatch. man how can anyone run scratch if they have to look up every single residential that they,ve never even heard of much less been to? plus a lot of drivers never had to qualify. in my building any way. they pick and choose who they want

Cementups

Box Monkey
didnt read that part, thats what i was told. suppose to be a consistant dispatch. man how can anyone run scratch if they have to look up every single residential that they,ve never even heard of much less been to? plus a lot of drivers never had to qualify. in my building any way. they pick and choose who they want

I've run the same route for 3.5 years and still run 50-100 units OVER every day. It's not you. It's managements unrealistic expectations.

tiredofbrown123

ups guy72 please stfu. if your not a part of the sulution then your part of the problem. use some of that duck tape to tape your mouth shut. thanx for your opinions

UPSGUY72

Your not entitled to a Drivers job you have to earn it. Until you grasp that concept life will be passing you by... Anyone can do the same stops over and over and improve but that not the real world UPS these days. In the past it was like that it not anymore. They are not going to dispatch a route with the same stop everyday for 30 working days. The dispatch manager doesn't work for anyone in your building he takes his order from higher up....

Like I said before there is a lot more to this story than what you are telling. Chalk this year up to a learning experience and sign the list next year and remember you have to earn the job it isn't given to you....