Underdispatch Or Over 10 Hour Writeups

mittam

Yes that is what we were told last Friday 12-29-06. If we come in and under dispatch or if we work 10 or more hours without calling in and getting help or permission for 10 hours then we are subject to a written warning. Our B.A. is saying work as directed, our steward is saying it is bs. We were told that this is the companies doing not just our center, it is district wide for the rest of the year until peak time is back upon us this coming year.Has anyone else been told this particularily in the Kentucky/Ohio district?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
How can you get in trouble for being under dispatched? The driver has no control over what the wonderful PAS/EDD system decides the Preload should load on his car. We have to call in our numbers between 2-3 PM about what is left, you should know by then how long you will be out. When I pull EDD in the morning, I count my stops then and tell the boss if I will go over 9.5 before I leave the building.

mittam

How can you get in trouble for being under dispatched? The driver has no control over what the wonderful PAS/EDD system decides the Preload should load on his car. We have to call in our numbers between 2-3 PM about what is left, you should know by then how long you will be out. When I pull EDD in the morning, I count my stops then and tell the boss if I will go over 9.5 before I leave the building.

They tell us we should know I guess all us cover drivers need to start getting all the fictitious numbers for all the routes we run, our dispatch guy has a couple loose screws it is about impossible to know what will be over ten or under dispatched
I ran 10 hours even last Thursday and was 50 under for the day, are they going to write someone up for working 10 or 10 plus that runs under for the day, of course 190 miles helped to create the under time I don't ever try to run under at all

BCFan

Those are company numbers not ours!!! Those allowances lost credibility when they cut our time over a year ago!! We each also continue to age and get slower and SAFER. Damn bean counters are breaking my balls.....BC

S

speeddemon

Then work at least 8 hours. The OR is a huge lie anyway. Who cares? Why do you people let these sups get you so uptight?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Then work at least 8 hours. The OR is a huge lie anyway. Who cares? Why do you people let these sups get you so uptight?
I told them, there is no way on Gods green earth I know what the OR will say my day was. If it took me 8, it was an 8 hr day, if it took me 10 it was a ten hr, day. I have no control over your numbers.

Griff

Yes that is what we were told last Friday 12-29-06. If we come in and under dispatch or if we work 10 or more hours without calling in and getting help or permission for 10 hours then we are subject to a written warning. Our B.A. is saying work as directed, our steward is saying it is bs. We were told that this is the companies doing not just our center, it is district wide for the rest of the year until peak time is back upon us this coming year.Has anyone else been told this particularily in the Kentucky/Ohio district?

Boy, it sure sounds like some paper-pusher is gearing himself up for a nice promotion.

Keepingthemhonest

Bring'n sexy back
Look it's simple, do the best you can everyday by the methods and do what they tell you...if they want to 'play games' come in everyday ask for your stopcount and be like 'I'm not getting done *sigh* I'm going to need help call you after my lunch.' If you get disiplined say you did what they told you to the best of your ability, they didn't help you help them, then file harassment :)

S

speeddemon

In Louisville the big thing now is not to work over 9.5. We Hear the same thing pretty much.

The only thing they are concerned with in my center is stops per car dispatched. They sent one guy out with 123 stops when he should have 75. I have no respect for this company anymore.

W

westsideworma

Amen. And, they read the labels.

I preferred the labels to this PAS garbage. They still can't dispatch tucks correctly even with this "magical" system. I miss the old load charts/labels, then I knew what was on my trucks. oh well cant do anything about it now. They're cutting our start times as well and expect us to want to go the extra mile for them...its laughable.

helenofcalifornia

I agree with Speedemon. It will only bother you if you let it bother you. How many "2 week plans" have we seen at UPS? They come out the gate with this great new idea, they stick to it whole heartidly(sp) for one week, interest starts to wane the second, and by the third week the new plan is a distant memory. I work with drivers who are always crunching numbers in their heads so they will look good the next day. Just do the job the best and safest you can and what can they say? Nothing. Well, they will say something, but in one ear out the other with the statement, "I am trying my best" which is true.

Chnandler Bong

In Louisville the big thing now is not to work over 9.5. We Hear the same thing pretty much.

OMG...how wonderful would that be....

The overtime is nice, but I am tired of leaving for work when my family is still sleeping and returning from work when they are back in bed. It would be nice to actually see them through the week again!!!

B

Bean Counter

I agree with a couple of the other posts. Work hard each day and you'll probably be fine.

The problem I see is that the hard work often includes trying to argue with the sups to cherry pick the stops you want rather than the stops that geographically make sense. It's a fun process to watch when I can make it out of the ivory palace in the mornings. I observe fault on both sides - driver and magement. I'd like to get out there more but there are a lot of beans to count so I have a hard time breaking away.

Keepingthemhonest

Bring'n sexy back
I agree with a couple of the other posts. Work hard each day and you'll probably be fine.

The problem I see is that the hard work often includes trying to argue with the sups to cherry pick the stops you want rather than the stops that geographically make sense. It's a fun process to watch when I can make it out of the ivory palace in the mornings. I observe fault on both sides - driver and magement. I'd like to get out there more but there are a lot of beans to count so I have a hard time breaking away.

darn mexicans where's that fence @ anyway?

mittam

Thanks for all the replies, I actually do work hard each day to do my job, What the numbers say I really don't care, afterall a fair days work for a fair days pay. If I feel good about what I have done I don't care what the pencil pushers say I did or did not do. I work a steady pace and create my own 8 hours if needed or overtime if I "get tired".