unemployment for cover drivers

John38

That also happens in my building but very rarely. I'm guessing due to how small my building is and the number of routes to drivers

P

pickup

I respect where your coming from but thanks to good ole Uncle Sam I have the right to do so. No disrespect to you also but if it's available to me I fully expect to take advantage of it. In my building I have no shot at a full time but sheet not even an option at this point for me

At this point in time, Uncle Sam has nothing to do with unemployment benefits. Unemployment is state run and funded by monies paid into the fund by employers in the given state. The more employees from the same company that file and successfully claim unemployment , the more that company pays into the fund.

So it ain't Uncle Sam's money, it ain't your tax dollars, it's ultimately money from UPS.

To the original poster, if you got a legitimate claim, file away.

P

pickup

Now a few years ago when Obama had a federal unemployment extension going on, it was Uncle Sam and your tax dollars paying it but not today.

rod

Retired 22 years
It used to be the quickest way to get put back to work was to file for unemployment. Then again it used to be you had to physically show up at the Unemployment Office to get a check (with proof in hand that you had actually looked for work that week). The longest you could be on it was 26 weeks with a ONE TIME extension of another 26 weeks. (I can't recall anyone ever actually qualifying for that extension). Now days it appears you can make a career out of unemployment.