Unethical Tactics Management Uses to Retaliate Against and Harass Drivers

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I could care less if someone put something in my lunch box. But :censored2: around and find out if you try to take one of my 3 meals or 4 snacks. That's a fight on sight.
4 snacks…lol. Rookie. Please tell me you stop at loves or pilot sometime during the day/night and buy reinforcements for that pathetic excuse for your “snack pack”…

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I’ve heard of this happening back in the 70’s,… never anytime in the modern era
absolutely not, honestly ever since David HITLER Abney is gone this company is way more relaxed...I’m glad this new generation will just walk out and find another job. Unfortunately I’m trapped lol!
✊🧔

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
4 snacks…lol. Rookie. Please tell me you stop at loves or pilot sometime during the day/night and buy reinforcements for that pathetic excuse for your “snack pack”…
I'm not above mowing down 10 or 12 toronados of the roller grill as an appetizer. I'll :censored2:ing eat the ones from behind the "not done" tag too.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I’ve heard of this happening back in the 70’s,… never anytime in the modern era
Here’s a good one
Feeder supe goes on road with “problem” feeder driver they stop to take a piss
Driver says supe is peering over the divider checking to see if he’s really pissing or not
Driver files sexual harrasment charges and gets a nice settlement
Supe is shuffled on down the line

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Here’s a good one
Driver says supe is peering over the divider checking to see if he’s really pissing or not
Doesn’t surprise me..

Here’s a good one

That's :censored2:ing hilarious

quad decade guy

Almost had that happen here, and, again, I said, HERE.
When on Sleepers, they tried screwing with us locally. Well, we "regulated" them to death, even quoting DOT/UPS regulations on our work sheet for any delay action that we took.
Center manager took me aside (I was "A" driver) and said, "We know you're following regulations but could you back off a little bit?" Me: "What do you want us to skip?" Silence. Pressure vanished.
Too much delay time? What is a "UPS Regulation"? Is this the same as policy or procedures? A delay is a delay.....

And "locally" vs. CMG? Then there is procedure and the contract. DOT isn't "negotiable". And then there is what UPS wants...

quad decade guy

Whose side do you think they would take? It was found in your cooler. It would be your word against his and possession is 90% of the law. Good luck and I hope you have a good lawyer.
No it isn't.

There is a whole system we call law. You are talking CONSPIRACY here on a federal level. Narcotics? They would be on film entering that pkg car......etc.

I'm interested in this thread, and so are others.
If you piss off a manager, they actually put their heads together in their comfy offices, and plan out a way to screw you. Meanwhile, you are :censored2:-deep in snow for 12hrs wrestling DIAD 6, while a hungry pitbull chases you around the truck.
Too true unfortunately. I developed cancer while working with ups, and was tawed into a clerk. This is at a smaller satellite center, and I got the dubious honor of trying to do the clerks job while my center manager did his daily conference calls.
I got sick to my stomach listening to the managers connive to fire someone. Preloader was too slow. Ok. Try to fire him for stealing company time, improper work methods, just find something that will stick. Talk to your steward i think he hates that guy too. And then one of the managers said anyone else have any problems at this time? And a few more managers spoke up and they brainstormed on how to rattle the driver enough to make him quit......
I was driven out after I had surgery cuz I was a liability now...8 years with ups.
I loved the job HATED the manager games.

Karma...

if a person did their job they were left alone....its only the sub mar people who drew attention. the ones who did their job also got all the benefits of the doubt......I was at least competent in all the jobs I was responsible for...inside and outside.....this may be hard to believe but I spoke with and slowed a number of people who were working too fast.......I never asked anyone to do more than I could do myself....my service, safety and production numbers were all great....I had zero grievances......if you ever get a chance listen to Jim Caseys monologue of ...a man called Joe....

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
if a person did their job they were left alone....its only the sub mar people who drew attention. the ones who did their job also got all the benefits of the doubt......I was at least competent in all the jobs I was responsible for...inside and outside.....this may be hard to believe but I spoke with and slowed a number of people who were working too fast.......I never asked anyone to do more than I could do myself....my service, safety and production numbers were all great....I had zero grievances......if you ever get a chance listen to Jim Caseys monologue of ...a man called Joe....
With the exception of someone telling a driver to slow down, that’s how it used to be. You were left alone and given the benefit of the doubt if you were consistently competent and on time in the AM and not a troublemaker, bitching over minor BS all the time. But times have changed. Management was always shady at times, but there was some integrity. No more. When I started, virtually all On Cars and most Center Managers were former Teamsters. No longer the case, and it’s made a huge difference in the relationship between hourly and management IMO.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Too true unfortunately. I developed cancer while working with ups, and was tawed into a clerk. This is at a smaller satellite center, and I got the dubious honor of trying to do the clerks job while my center manager did his daily conference calls.
I got sick to my stomach listening to the managers connive to fire someone. Preloader was too slow. Ok. Try to fire him for stealing company time, improper work methods, just find something that will stick. Talk to your steward i think he hates that guy too. And then one of the managers said anyone else have any problems at this time? And a few more managers spoke up and they brainstormed on how to rattle the driver enough to make him quit......
I was driven out after I had surgery cuz I was a liability now...8 years with ups.
I loved the job HATED the manager games.

Fortunately you just saw the tip of the iceberg.