Unified pensions

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
You must be the UPS spokesperson for pensions, haha not funny good luck trying to sell that garbage. It’s like Trump said” we made a deal to the people, we have to honor it”. He was talking about social security but I’m sure UPS will try to find anyway to get out of the pension program anyway they can. But seriously go away far away and stay there for as long as you can if you keep mentioning this.

BEE51

All pensions to be combined into a jointly managed unified TeamPen retirement plan covering all 50 states and requiring a minimum 35yrs service and age 62 for full $2250 a month benefits. Benefit reduction from full amount for each year under 35 years. It's what's "fair". :)
Ups money should go to Ups employees only! I am tired of having to shore up everyone’s else pension! $2250.00 a month at 62 is outrageous! Teamsters better start taking care us instead of subdividing everyone else’s plan!

brownalltheway

You must be the UPS spokesperson for pensions, haha not funny good luck trying to sell that garbage. It’s like Trump said” we made a deal to the people, we have to honor it”. He was talking about social security but I’m sure UPS will try to find anyway to get out of the pension program anyway they can. But seriously go away far away and stay there for as long as you can if you keep mentioning this.
Any member in one of these union plans is not looking at realty. Your leadership is causing your plans to go under and why should UPS fund the benefits of employees that have never for worked for brown

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Ups money should go to Ups employees only! I am tired of having to shore up everyone’s else pension! $2250.00 a month at 62 is outrageous! Teamsters better start taking care us instead of subdividing everyone else’s plan!

What is the "average" pension for part timers? 2250.00 sounds low even for part time.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Any member in one of these union plans is not looking at realty. Your leadership is causing your plans to go under and why should UPS fund the benefits of employees that have never for worked for brown
Are you union or management? You sound like management to me. The central states pension has had issues with other trucking companies contributing the amount to keep the fund at respectable levels. UPS is obligated to contribute under teamsters contract, so I do expect them to hold up there end of the bargain. It’s just like they say” don’t tell us how to run are business”. So on hindsight don’t tell the union how to run the pensions, especially since they wanted out of the pensions years ago.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
$2100/month after 35 years. Which I would bet is better then a lot of FT private pensions out there.
Operative word was "average"?

With the vesting period being what, 5 years, I don't remember?....

....coupled with those who matriculate into the various full time pensions and those who move on....

....I'd be surprised if the average part time pension is even $1,000.

Operative word was "average"?

With the vesting period being what, 5 years, I don't remember?....

....coupled with those who matriculate into the various full time pensions and those who move on....

....I'd be surprised if the average part time pension is even $1,000.
With the terrific turn over in the PT ranks I would imagine the average PT pension is more like $10/month.

brown_trousers

I believe it's more then that in the West but I could be wrong. I'll try and find out this week.

In the west, Its based on how many hours you work. part timers get almost the same hourly contribution we do. They just dont work as many hours. I wouldnt be surprised if some of these PTers over here retire with over 30k a year