Unified pensions

PT Car Washer

I'm just saying many part timers who only work here a short time are getting screwed out of pension money. I would love to see UPS put it in the 401k on their behalf
Could be such little bit of money that the paper work cost more then the benefit. Would you fund an employee that worked two hours or two weeks or two months? They draw the line at 5 years, fair or not.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
There is no set contribution amount.
Correct, the UPS Pension Plan for part timers in the Central States area is under Company control. It is called a defined pension fund, so no set monetary amount is going into the plan. A monetary contribution plan which I believe most of the Teamster's controlled pension funds are does have a set weekly amount set per Article 34 (Master). It could be that part timers under Peer 80 would get about 3000 a month or more, depends on the language of their SPD.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
There is no set contribution amount.

Correct, the UPS Pension Plan for part timers in the Central States area is under Company control. It is called a defined pension fund, so no set monetary amount is going into the plan. A monetary contribution plan which I believe most of the Teamster's controlled pension funds are does have a set weekly amount set per Article 34 (Master). It could be that part timers under Peer 80 would get about 3000 a month or more, depends on the language of their SPD.

The company is not paying a fixed contribution amount ?

Wow....

brownIEman

The company is not paying a fixed contribution amount ?

Wow....

Are they not correct?

Of course they are correct, this is one of those areas where the Teamsters and UPS actually show brotherly love and trust and demonstrate that we are all in this together against the non-union competition. The teamsters agree to let UPS contribute whatever they feel like into the pensions.

/s - I'll put this here for anyone that needs it...

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Of course they are correct, this is one of those areas where the Teamsters and UPS actually show brotherly love and trust and demonstrate that we are all in this together against the non-union competition. The teamsters agree to let UPS contribute whatever they feel like into the pensions.

/s - I'll put this here for anyone that needs it...

Especially during the a contract year you can just feel the brotherly love and trust among us Brothers and Partners. A defined pension plan does get a monetary contribution it is at the end of the year according to how much it takes to cover the benefits promised. The UPS Retirement Plan (management) and Pension plan (Part time union) are defined benefit plans, they do apparently have limits to vesting and service years and a locked amount that it will not go up no matter how many years you work. The monetary contribution plan (most teamster's plans) will go up or down according to their investments and is subject to article 34 weekly funding. By the way does anybody know just how much weekly pension contributions are going into a full time participant? I know that the Health and Welfare weekly monetary contribution from the company is about 430.

rod

Retired 22 years
My point was why would the company have to pay into your pension if you are not vested? Only after 5 years would they have to pay up for the previous unfunded years.

Why did the Union collect dues from temporary peak workers knowing full well they aren't going to be kept on after Christmas.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Where are you coming from? That is currently the part-time pension benefit formula. The starting point for any benefit with the full time years should be equal to what current management with the same service years qualify for. The formula under the UPS Retirement plan is more or less equal to half their best last 5 years, conservatively 75,000 with full medical no monthly co-pays. Look at your 401K if you have one, that growth is happening to everybody's pension and health and welfare plans. The money is there, should not settle with just crumbs from the banquet that is going on. Start educating yourselves about how pension plans are run, vested ratios and such, a pension plan that is 100 percent vested will basically be able to pay their participants on just the interest. The company will make a killing this year on their pension interests this year, also consider that the company eliminating making payments for their management in 2023. Do not fall for that victim mentality that is so prevalent with our members.

Please refrain from posting our "pension" payout..

Remember everything is horrible in management...we would like to keep the charade going. :deletesmiley2::deletesmiley2:

Especially during the a contract year you can just feel the brotherly love and trust among us Brothers and Partners. A defined pension plan does get a monetary contribution it is at the end of the year according to how much it takes to cover the benefits promised. The UPS Retirement Plan (management) and Pension plan (Part time union) are defined benefit plans, they do apparently have limits to vesting and service years and a locked amount that it will not go up no matter how many years you work. The monetary contribution plan (most teamster's plans) will go up or down according to their investments and is subject to article 34 weekly funding. By the way does anybody know just how much weekly pension contributions are going into a full time participant? I know that the Health and Welfare weekly monetary contribution from the company is about 430.
Over $500