Uniforms

Driver7906

Yeah, it's always a good idea to screw a charity over a totally unrelated issue.

Like I said, refuse to donate THROUGH UPS. You can still donate to the United Way without having donations deducted from your paycheck. UPS (and other corporations) push their employees to donate to make their companies look good.

Driver7906

Yeah, it's always a good idea to screw a charity over a totally unrelated issue.

Like I said, refuse to donate THROUGH UPS. You can still donate to the United Way without having donations deducted from your paycheck. UPS (and other corporations) push their employees to donate to make their companies look good.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I donate to UW through payroll deduction as it allows me to donate more than I could in a lump sum payment. The 15% match covers any administrative costs. I also write the donation off on my taxes and generally get about 25% of it back as a tax credit. Yeah, I suppose I could write 52 checks, but.....

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
And they ARE pushy about it. Last year, I declined to donate..both my center manager and division manager must've asked me four times in 2 weeks to try and change my mind. No means no...lol

oldngray

nowhere special
And they ARE pushy about it. Last year, I declined to donate..both my center manager and division manager must've asked me four times in 2 weeks to try and change my mind. No means no...lol

That 100% makes them look good to their bosses. Even if its only $1. The first couple of times I caved in and gave a dollar but later was firm about no means no. They finally learned to quit bothering me about it. They would ask once, and when I said no they wouldn't bother me again.
And I do give to charities, but refuse to be coerced into playing their game.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That 100% makes them look good to their bosses. Even if its only $1. The first couple of times I caved in and gave a dollar but later was firm about no means no. They finally learned to quit bothering me about it. They would ask once, and when I said no they wouldn't bother me again.
And I do give to charities, but refuse to be coerced into playing their game.

Would it surprise you to know that they probably donated that dollar in your name anyway?

When I was military we had a similar fundraiser and we were "expected" to have 100% participation. Whenever one of the younger enlisted refused to donate the NCO's would donate a small amount on their behalf if for no other reason that to keep the higher ups off our butts.

oldngray

nowhere special
Would it surprise you to know that they probably donated that dollar in your name anyway?

When I was military we had a similar fundraiser and we were "expected" to have 100% participation. Whenever one of the younger enlisted refused to donate the NCO's would donate a small amount on their behalf if for no other reason that to keep the higher ups off our butts.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit. Its OK for management to behave in unethical behavior.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It wouldn't surprise me a bit. Its OK for management to behave in unethical behavior.

Unethical would be having money taken from your check each week without your authorization.

I have no problem if a member of mgt wants to make a one-time donation of $1 in my name to ensure 100% participation.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So you would be okay if management made a donation in your name to an organization you are vehemently opposed as long as you didn't find out about it? I find that rather disturbing.

I would be upset if they initiated a payroll deduction without my authorization. I couldn't care less if they donated $1 in my name in order to have 100% participation.

Sent using BrownCafe App

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I would be upset if they initiated a payroll deduction without my authorization. I couldn't care less if they donated $1 in my name in order to have 100% participation.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPS probably does a lot of things we are unaware of that don't bother us simply because we are unaware. I've never imagined them doing this, but I'd not be surprised to find out they had. They have gotten used to shuffling their numbers to suit the game. In their minds, the end always justifies the means.