Union busting: Could we be replaced?

qdg2

It was definitely 3. I was scheduled for vacation one of the weeks and got paid for that and the strike was 2 more weeks. No strike pay for the first week and the strike pay for the 2nd week was about equal to union dues for that month.
We got $50 bucks and you had to check in every day on the picket line.......in August....

qdg2

The Union is smart enough to know a call for a Strike strictly for Part Timers would fall flat on it's face.........however if a couple of more issues that Full Timers want ( REAL excessive OT protection, no forced 6th punch , to name a couple) were tacked on with the concerns for part Times then it very well could happen
The Union is smart enough....ooookkkk.

It depends what full timers you ask....right?

I worked 60.5 hours this week. I'm quite content. Most feeder drivers I know.......bitch loudly when their OT is taken away.

Most feeder runs couldn't take a 6th punch anyway(not enough hours).

Again, I'm not giving up $5-10K for any of them. That's where it gets real.

qdg2

And you think you get bullied on the BrownCafe ?

Cross the picket line....
What an odd statement.

I certainly didn't cross in 97. Have no intentions now. I've got 6 glorious vacation weeks to schedule in August into Sept.

Ya'll have fun.....

Then I retire in Oct. taking any retirement addition to the pension.....oh, and qualifying for 2024 vacations.....another $7k...

And really.....don't threaten me. Keyboard warrior.....

qdg2

If that "(young) snot nosed part timer" was paying into your pension and health and welfare plans you would...
I won't vote to strike. Period. Especially for a part-timer. If it collapses.....we're all friend'd anyway. They have to work it out.

Thebrownblob

I won't vote to strike. Period. Especially for a part-timer. If it collapses.....we're all friend'd anyway. They have to work it out.
We’re not :censored2:ed, the company would be. Maybe you’ve been sitting in the cab of the truck turn off a lot but there are not Enough replacement Workers even now at top scale. Doesn’t mean I think we’re necessarily going on strike but I’m certainly not going to fold like a coward before I even know what’s happening.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We’re not :censored2:ed, the company would be. Maybe you’ve been sitting in the cab of the truck turn off a lot but there are not Enough replacement Workers even now at top scale. Doesn’t mean I think we’re necessarily going on strike but I’m certainly not going to fold like a coward before I even know what’s happening.

He's like the feeder version of that pkg car dude. (the name we won't mention)

:biggrin:

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
i live in a RTW state and we had a few people cross...............it's amazing what a ball bearing and slingshot can do to a windshield.

Any altercation on the picket line will not be done by the striking UPS Members...Back in "97" we had some biker types from other Barns and Unions that showed up for support and walked the lines...They were ready to body slam or worst anybody who pretended to cross...Management in our building kept a good distance..If it happens again expect some real action if it comes down to that....potential SCABS beware, and think is it really worth it...

:nono2:

qdg2

Interesting, I didn’t see a threat. Are you threaten when someone is bored with your rants?
Interesting. You don't recognize bullying(while doing it). Not surprised you didn't see a threat. Read his statement again. Its falls in line with slingshots and body slams and all the other threats here. Dude......this "What?" "Who me?" routine is just intellectually dishonest. Other folks read this stuff. Lot's way smarter than you think you are.

BTW when this is stated:
And you think you get bullied on the BrownCafe ?

Cross the picket line....
It's a threat.

Try this:

Say that at work in front of mgt. A big group of people. Now, tell us more.