Union certified Safety committee

Inthegame

I got that.
The question I had (for the fourth time now) was about prerequisites for going to Integrad and the view the company takes on those hourly that have to memorize (seemingly, but knowingly cheated often to assimilate memorization) the endless safety lexicon to start qualification of the full time job they're vying for.
Never mind about it. I can't waste anymore time on this. My finger is getting hoarse.
I wasn't answering your question, I was responding to ez's post. Hope your finger recovers from the trauma.

LeadBelly

Banned
Pretty sure it wasn't.
What easy money is saying, is in order for the anyone to know there is anything wrong a grievance needs to be filed. That is how we document our issues. Since it's not covered in the contract and it's a violation of article 6 we need grievances. I know this might not be what you want to hear but it's what we've got.

10 Pt

If the pt timer is sitting at home in front of his computer he merely uses the cheat sheet method to fill in the blanks on the electronic application. He doesn't learn them. He copies them. So none of them get disqualified.
The issue is what happens after that when they qualify. Bug alluded to possible exceptions and I asked about that (for the third time now) possibility.
Pretty sure this is the question. Filling out the application online is easy (with the answers in front of you) and passing it is the prerequisite for qualifying to go to Integrad.
After said employee becomes ft the management says that it was a job requirement to know it and evidently that has some truth associated with it.
Where is the discipline for not knowing it? I have never seen it yet BUT the statement that it was a requirement to "know" it during the application process has some merit because you don't go into driving (at least thru Integrad) if you fail to complete the application correctly.
Therefore, the question I was asking for resolution on was is the Integrad graduate liable for this information since it was a "job requirement" prior to qualifying.
The Integrad graduate is undoubtedly the best employee I've seen at regurgitating the safety info but still undoubtedly the worst at withstanding mind games from management when it comes to reacting to poor dispatch and loads but believing that running "scratch" is the main goal they have to adhere to the rest of their careers.
The methods are great as long as the parameters/variables don't change and we all know that is a joke.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Can you simply answer that question without all the extra narratives? We don't all work in Leadbelly's local. Thank you.

The issue is what happens after that when they qualify. Bug alluded to possible exceptions and I asked about that (for the third time now) possibility.

question I had (for the fourth time now) was about prerequisites for going to Integrad and the view the company takes on those hourly that have to memorize (seemingly, but knowingly cheated often to assimilate memorization) the endless safety lexicon to start qualification of the full time job they're vying for.

I'll give you credit for persistence.

You should focus that drive, towards dealing with your Local.

As I have posted, on numerous occasions, this issue was settled at the National level

all the way back in 2007. The company agreed it is not contractual requirement

for continued employment.

There is one caveat;

If it is a requirement for qualification.... (i.e. gaining seniority) so be it.

It was all right there.... but, for you, I'll clarify it further.

The company can determine the parameters, for the qualification process.

Help me with some documentation please ?

I would defer you, to your Local Union for further assistance.

Or, we get in to that whole PayPal thing. ;)

@LeadBelly2.0 , @ezmoney5150 , and @Inthegame , all confirm the existence of the issue

and offer further advice on dealing with it.

Just to add a little gravy on top;

If the company (tried) to take disciplinary action....

Then, the issue becomes a subject of "collective bargaining".

Which ain't gonna happen.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I've uses the CHSP to get many Fans places throughout UPS. Some through the grievance procedure and some through using the process. We've gotten gloves to prevent cuts on hands and many countless battles. It's a process and you have to work within the contract.
Was this always the case in your Local, was the "safety committee" always what it should be?
I've heard stories of some locals who have had to shut their committee down completely, due to the committee not operating as provided in Art 18.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
What more do you want?

29vtaa.jpg

:biggrin:

I couldn't help myself.

-Bug-