union dues case at scotus

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
remember Hillary's why am I not 50 points ahead
I don't know what you're saying bro.
Hillary died I think, move on.

The plantaiff is basically arguing collective bargaining is a form of speech. If that's the case, then winning his lawsuit would effectively mean limiting collective bargaining would be a violation of the unions free speech. Think about the laws Republicans like Scott Walker have passed.

I don't think conservatives have thought this through enough to see the consequences of a win.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I don't know what you're saying bro.
Hillary died I think, move on.

The plantaiff is basically arguing collective bargaining is a form of speech. If that's the case, then winning his lawsuit would effectively mean limiting collective bargaining would be a violation of the unions free speech. Think about the laws Republicans like Scott Walker have passed.

I don't think conservatives have thought this through enough to see the consequences of a win.
he will win and democrat donations will be severely affected

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
he will win and democrat donations will be severely affected

If he wins then the judges are saying collective bargaining is constitutionally protected free speech and the limitations that republicans have put on public sector collective bargaining rights in places like Wisconsin will be struck down.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What intellectual bankruptcy from Sotomayor
Cutting to the chase.

Agree that it was not an intellectual point but it is a common sense point.

I personally believe collective bargaining of employees is a force to keep corporations from enslaving the common folk of America.

Dr.Brownz

Cutting to the chase.

Agree that it was not an intellectual point but it is a common sense point.

I personally believe collective bargaining of employees is a force to keep corporations from enslaving the common folk of America.

Indeed but the people who don't want to be in the union shouldn't be forced to join. Let the company screw them over and abuse them without union protection though.....this will show the others why we need the union. I'm taking a Machiavellian approach here

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
If he wins then the judges are saying collective bargaining is constitutionally protected free speech and the limitations that republicans have put on public sector collective bargaining rights in places like Wisconsin will be struck down.
no in Wisconsin you can choose to be in the union or not be in it. This guy dont have a choice. The unions argument is people like him become free riders.

rod

Retired 22 years
no in Wisconsin you can choose to be in the union or not be in it. This guy dont have a choice. The unions argument is people like him become free riders.

Wisconsin is full of drunks. They don't give a crap about anything except their piss poor Packers.