'Union Dues' Question(New England area?)

UnconTROLLed

perfection
That article is only about vacations, holiday and sick no other benefits!!!!

I just posted plenty of facts, art 22 and art 34 from the '08 contract, that unless there is overriding language contrary to the national, NO PT EMPLOYEE RECIEVES THE BENES BEFORE 1 YEAR if they were hired after Aug 1st 2008.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
please read the whole paragraph that is for an employer sponsered health care plan not TEAMSTERS.

It is for new hire Teamsters, the currently employed and seniority Teamsters fall under the old contract and the plans they were under. And you are a steward? Not good brother. The new contract has part-timers UNDER A DIFFERENT H/W plan!!!! C'mon get with it, thats what you union guys were selling "vote yes" all the part-timers.

jimstud

Banned
It is for new hire Teamsters, the currently employed and seniority Teamsters fall under the old contract and the plans they were under. And you are a steward? Not good brother. The new contract has part-timers UNDER A DIFFERENT H/W plan!!!! C'mon get with it, thats what you union guys were selling "vote yes" all the part-timers.
no you are wrong that is for employees who hve their health insurance thru the company not the teamsters. why don't you go to your union meeting on sunday and ask somebody who knows. i just talked with my ba and he reassured me that new members still get their teamsters health benefits after they hit 500 hours. like i said 700 PPH contact your local and talk with your health and welfare people.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
no you are wrong that is for employees who hve their health insurance thru the company not the teamsters. why don't you go to your union meeting on sunday and ask somebody who knows. i just talked with my ba and he reassured me that new members still get their teamsters health benefits after they hit 500 hours. like i said 700 PPH contact your local and talk with your health and welfare people.

ok

happybob

Feeders
Thanks for all the help guys.

Although I didnt check my stubs I am pretty sure you are right about that since I have only noticed the $32 being taken out for the int. fee each month.

Anyway I have another quick question. Let's say this is the case and I will only be charged the $49 once per month. Does that mean that 3 out of my 4 paychecks each month with have NO 'Union Dues' fees?

Also while I am asking about money being taken out of each check..how much can I expect to be taken out for benefits when I start receiving them a couple of months or so from now.

thanks for the help guys.
Yes, you will only have your dues taken out once per month, after the arrears is paid.