Union failure

22.34life

In all seriousness,the restroom situation must be a widespread issue.our cleaning crew has cut back per ups.restrooms are filthy no tp no soap in some and no napkins in breakrooms.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
In all seriousness,the restroom situation must be a widespread issue.our cleaning crew has cut back per ups.restrooms are filthy no tp no soap in some and no napkins in breakrooms.

The bathroom issue is an easy fix.

ARTICLE 5. SANITARY CONDITIONS

"The Employer agrees to maintain a clean, sanitary washroom having hot and cold running water with toilet facilities in all present and future buildings."

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18-nationalmaster-final.pdf

No napkins in the break room ? You're on your own....

sandwich

The resident gearhead
And because someone else doesn’t want to do the work of 2 for some lazy slob doesn’t make it right either. That happens far too often...
This is absolutely incorrect. You dont want to do the work of 2 people?? Then dont. Work a normal pace, send in a message letting them know your not going to be able to finish. Stay out 14 hours bring the rest back at 11pm. Do that for a week, then file your 9.5 on Friday.

22.34life

"The Employer agrees to maintain a clean, sanitary washroom having hot and cold running water with toilet facilities in all present and future buildings."

I'm aware of the article,thanks anyways but without a $$$ penalty doubt anything gets done in the grievance procedure.

InsideUPS

The new contract has already showed it was a terrible deal. The hub I’m in is looking for help. Has been for a month or more. The current workers are working twice as hard to make up for understaffing issues. UPS gets to work employees twice as hard and actually save money. Not to mention, they can’t find any help, $13.00 an hour at 3:30 am is peanuts in today’s world. College and HS kids don’t care about bennies, they’re on their parents. The union should be disbanded. The sooner the better. Any idiot could have negotiated $13.00 an hour.

You would almost think that part-time UPS employees did not get to vote on our contract. Largest group of apathetic non-voters that bitch when their pay or working conditions do not meet their approval. Unbelievable, too lazy to attend a Union meeting or send in a ballot once every 5 years. Today's younger generation expects everything to be served on the proverbial "silver platter".

Actually, you may want to look in the mirror to find the "idiots" that "approved" a $13.00/hour starting wage by not becoming involved and/or voting.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
You would almost think that part-time UPS employees did not get to vote on our contract. Largest group of apathetic non-voters that bitch when their pay or working conditions do not meet their approval. Unbelievable, too lazy to attend a Union meeting or send in a ballot once every 5 years. Today's younger generation expects everything to be served on the proverbial "silver platter".

Actually, you may want to look in the mirror to find the "idiots" that "approved" a $13.00/hour starting wage by not becoming involved and/or voting.
More pter bashing? Yawn. They are basically slaves, let's be honest. Temporary employees killing themselves for beans. Waste of time to bash/blame them for any contract issues. If you treat someone like crap 24/7, why would they go out of their way to care for the future of this company?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'm aware of the article,thanks anyways but without a $$$ penalty doubt anything gets done in the grievance procedure.

Just because there isn't a monetary penalty attached, doesn't make it less effective.

Same thing with the name tag issue.... easy win.

If a grievance doesn't fix it, go to OSHA, they'll levy a girthy fine.

1910.141 - Sanitation. | Occupational Safety and Health Administration

Article 18

"Notwithstanding the employee’s right to contact federal, state or local agencies, it is the recommendation of the committee that issues and concerns, regarding this Agreement, should first be brought before the National Safety and Health Committee."

The contract language is there.... utilize the grievance procedure first.

After that, anything else is fair game. (and bolsters your case)

CoffeeStainedUniform

I wish I'd realized that before. I wouldn't have had to wait a year for hot water. Is there anything governing temperature? Going into summer and would love to see a fan on the line.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I wish I'd realized that before. I wouldn't have had to wait a year for hot water. Is there anything governing temperature?

Being, that it is national language....

There aren't any specific temperature requirements, that I am aware of.

A simple grievance should solve that problem.

Going into summer and would love to see a fan on the line.

In the larger buildings, fans are in place.... depending on the work area.

The company loves the safety committee.

Start there.

:biggrin:

I did vote! The rest of your post is now moot.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
The new contract has already showed it was a terrible deal. The hub I’m in is looking for help. Has been for a month or more. The current workers are working twice as hard to make up for understaffing issues. UPS gets to work employees twice as hard and actually save money. Not to mention, they can’t find any help, $13.00 an hour at 3:30 am is peanuts in today’s world. College and HS kids don’t care about bennies, they’re on their parents. The union should be disbanded. The sooner the better. Any idiot could have negotiated $13.00 an hour.

They kept on showing up for $10 and hour. They will continue to show up for $13, $14, $15 and 15.50