Union failure

CoffeeStainedUniform

New Timer in Progression here: I've been luckier than most, but admit that if this job had been as sweet a gig as it used to be, there wouldn't have been a swwet bid route for me.

It comes at a cost. I drove in -60° temps this last winter for $21/hour. My start times are past 10am. I get the occasional 2tons of Amazon dogfood on my truck.

I don't blame the old guard though. We make more than any of our competitors, we have better benefits. Our jobs are secure. All of this is a direct result of our Union taking care of us.

Things change, this last contract was a result of UPS not being comparatively economically viable in the industry. We sold out the 22.4 drivers but the choice was the company folding or figuring out how to pay us less. Can we get 401k matches instead of pensions next time round?

New Timer in Progression here: I've been luckier than most, but admit that if this job had been as sweet a gig as it used to be, there wouldn't have been a swwet bid route for me.

It comes at a cost. I drove in -60° temps this last winter for $21/hour. My start times are past 10am. I get the occasional 2tons of Amazon dogfood on my truck.

I don't blame the old guard though. We make more than any of our competitors, we have better benefits. Our jobs are secure. All of this is a direct result of our Union taking care of us.

Things change, this last contract was a result of UPS not being comparatively economically viable in the industry. We sold out the 22.4 drivers but the choice was the company folding or figuring out how to pay us less. Can we get 401k matches instead of pensions next time round?
The union will never allow 401k matches

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Don’t believe the hype, this company is far from folding. The union is probably closer to folding than UPS.

SameRightsForAll

Then quit, I wouldn't do business with anyone I thought was ripping me off. "provide the mob with teamster loans" Exactly what century are you living in?

Trailer Monkey, don't embarrass yourself any further. Everybody knows the IBT is run by democrat communists who give your dues to other commies without your permission.

A

Article 3

[QUOTE="CoffeeStainedUniform, post: 4086566, member: 73423"
Things change, this last contract was a result of UPS not being comparatively economically viable in the industry. We sold out the 22.4 drivers but the choice was the company folding or figuring out how to pay us less. Can we get 401k matches instead of pensions next time round?[/QUOTE]
Give us a break. :bsbullf:

We're not "comparatively economically viable"? Compared to who? The post office who lost over 1.5 billion dollars in 12 weeks?

The sky is falling.