Union is done

710 steward

I don't find either Bug or ITG to be credible at offering credible Info but that is my opinion. Game is smart enough but his only real purpose is to post everyone is wrong without pointing out where and how they are wrong. For Game it's all about circling the wagon and protecting his friends in the old guard. That is fine. He supports their cause but he is anything but full of info.

Bug is a different story. I have watched solid debates over the issues until Bug waddled in with a post that says absolutely nothing. I have yet to see even one post that brought anything of value to any exchange of words. He is pretty much useless.

I do look forward to your future posts. Maybe we will agree at times and disagree on others. You are right. We all need to find common ground and oust all of this regime across the country. The Teamsters need new faces and fresh ideas going forward. Times have changed but the people running this union are still living 20 years in the past.

710 steward

You might be the most negative person I've even not seen.

No Bo

The Jesus analogy is completely over the top and wrong. Somehow making a correlation between an opinion on the union and the killing Christ is disturbing. If you don't understand that then real brown is correct. There is nothing more to say.

No Bo

The Jesus analogy is completely over the top and wrong. Somehow making a correlation between an opinion on the union and the killing Christ is disturbing. If you don't understand that then real brown is correct. There is nothing more to say.
I guess what I meant was that if Jesus was here himself he would find something wrong with him. I really could care less what he does but he quotes my post so much so I answer back. I feel bad for him I guess. I've always been one for taking home strays so I'm playing into his hand I guess.

10 point

I don't find either Bug or ITG to be credible at offering credible Info but that is my opinion. Game is smart enough but his only real purpose is to post everyone is wrong without pointing out where and how they are wrong. For Game it's all about circling the wagon and protecting his friends in the old guard. That is fine. He supports their cause but he is anything but full of info.

Bug is a different story. I have watched solid debates over the issues until Bug waddled in with a post that says absolutely nothing. I have yet to see even one post that brought anything of value to any exchange of words. He is pretty much useless.

I do look forward to your future posts. Maybe we will agree at times and disagree on others. You are right. We all need to find common ground and oust all of this regime across the country. The Teamsters need new faces and fresh ideas going forward. Times have changed but the people running this union are still living 20 years in the past.
I respect your opinion and agree with your issues surrounding the Agreement.

There's a lot of hard feelings over this and we feel things went wrong...really wrong.

But many people involved in the negotiations take it personal that we trash their efforts. I can't judge any of that because I wasn't there.
I personally believe James Hoffa, Jr is not the person who should be GP or ever should have been. In fact, I personally think he sucks as a representative of the Teamster Union's hard working members. That's my opinion.
I also think the attitude of many BAs has changed for the worse under his direction. I believe I've seen the erosion for the last 14 yrs or so. But I'm looking from the bottom up and I don't maybe see everything from that angle.
There's been alot of hateful posts on this forum and I've been a part of that. It was/is wrong but we all work way to hard to be passive in expressing our gut feelings.
The next response from the membership in hearings and local meeting should be legal ones and not just emotional ones. The only way to make lasting change in our union is to vote our conscience and deal with corruption legally thru the NLRB and the courts.
I'm done calling names and getting defensive. I and many others are ready to get labor lawyers involved and clean up the good old boys club when necessary.
It's time to fight fire with fire and drop the stones IMO.

Inthegame

I respect your opinion and agree with your issues surrounding the Agreement.

There's a lot of hard feelings over this and we feel things went wrong...really wrong.

But many people involved in the negotiations take it personal that we trash their efforts. I can't judge any of that because I wasn't there.
I personally believe James Hoffa, Jr is not the person who should be GP or ever should have been. In fact, I personally think he sucks as a representative of the Teamster Union's hard working members. That's my opinion.
I also think the attitude of many BAs has changed for the worse under his direction. I believe I've seen the erosion for the last 14 yrs or so. But I'm looking from the bottom up and I don't maybe see everything from that angle.
There's been alot of hateful posts on this forum and I've been a part of that. It was/is wrong but we all work way to hard to be passive in expressing our gut feelings.
The next response from the membership in hearings and local meeting should be legal ones and not just emotional ones. The only way to make lasting change in our union is to vote our conscience and deal with corruption legally thru the NLRB and the courts.
I'm done calling names and getting defensive. I and many others are ready to get labor lawyers involved and clean up the good old boys club when necessary.
It's time to fight fire with fire and drop the stones IMO.
Getting involved with an open mind is refreshing. Going in thinking everyone in a leadership position is screwing you is foolish. Some leaders get stale and out of touch, some get better as they gain experience, and as in any political race, some get elected on their names. But most union guys get elected cause they've gained the trust of their members. The old "walk a mile in my shoes" comes to mind as these guys have something most of these posters don't have...they've done your job, but you've never done theirs.

10 point

Getting involved with an open mind is refreshing. Going in thinking everyone in a leadership position is screwing you is foolish. Some leaders get stale and out of touch, some get better as they gain experience, and as in any political race, some get elected on their names. But most union guys get elected cause they've gained the trust of their members. The old "walk a mile in my shoes" comes to mind as these guys have something most of these posters don't have...they've done your job, but you've never done theirs.
I agree. That's why I give them the benefit of the doubt. There's no blanket condemnation coming from this poster. Please understand that in my mind we're all in this together. Some are just more focused than others.
But, Inthegame , not all the BAs in Ohio locals worked at UPS and some of those are not equipped to understand what we go through, mentally or physically, or sympathetic and supportive of our issues because they can't/don't relate.
Last year one BA reportedly called their local's UPS members "over paid crybabies" because they rejected the TA.
There's a huge disconnect in many locals that predominantly voted No every time. There's a common thread. Unfortunately.

I'm not judging anyone because I HAVEN'T walked even a yard in their shoes. But some BAs are either not listening to their member's concerns or their hands are tied from the top and sooner than later it will hit the fan for them because the day to day stress at UPS yields one thing in particular...strong stewards and career hourlies.
The show down is just beginning IMO.

Last edited:

The Milkman

Stick what out? I put in more than 30 years with the company and retired with two pensions, part time pension and a full time pension. I'll keep posting when I feel the itch thank you very much. Unless you are trying to be funny, I don't see why you would want anybody to stop posting in an open forum where my views on matters may seem relevant to someone other than yourself.

Next time, quote my whole post so as not to take away the meaning of my "full" post.

Your Views matter to me.......and I am sure to many others. 30 yrs dealing with all that crap certainly qualifies you to be able to speak your mind whether they like it or not. You can't please everyone in life.......This last contract shows how true that saying is.. I don't know about you X but I wonder what kind of "Brothers" these posters would of been back in Nam? Just wondering if back then they would have covered your back? Got to stick together to be strong, divide the troops........not going to make it....Gee...that kinda sounds like the Teamsters...Starting to splinter off in all directions. Sad but 'Brothers' in name only

Inthegame

I agree. That's why I give them the benefit of the doubt. Some are just more focused than others.
But, Inthegame , not all the BAs in Ohio locals worked at UPS and some of those are not equipped to understand what we go through, mentally or physically, or sympathetic and supportive of our issues because they can't/don't relate.
Last yesr one BA reportedly called their local's UPS members "over paid crybabies" because they rejected the TA.
And I'm reasonably confident that BA was called much worse by some members he represents. I know all BA's don't have UPS experience but UPS members don't know things the BA knows like how the white paper contracts he handles also has hard working members making $15 hr that would love a crack at a UPS job as they're paying $50 weekly in co-premiums for marginal insurance.
There's a huge disconnect in many locals that predominantly voted No every time. There's a common thread. Unfortunately.

I'm not judging anyone because I HAVEN'T walked even a yard in their shoes. But some BAs are either not listening to their member's concerns or their hands are tied from the top and sooner than later it will hit the fan for them because the day to day stress at UPS yields one thing in particular...strong stewards and career hourlies.
The show down is just beginning IMO.
Or their hands are tied by that pesky thing called a contract. Too often members want their local to enforce what they think is in the book. Potential (and some elected)candidates all think they can change the world until reality sets in and they have to work within the system. Then their members hate them for falling short and in one Ohio local, keep electing new guys to continue the cycle. Or I guess they could just lead wildcats and hope big bad hall can come save the day...

10 point

And I'm reasonably confident that BA was called much worse by some members he represents. I know all BA's don't have UPS experience but UPS members don't know things the BA knows like how the white paper contracts he handles also has hard working members making $15 hr that would love a crack at a UPS job as they're paying $50 weekly in co-premiums for marginal insurance.

Or their hands are tied by that pesky thing called a contract. Too often members want their local to enforce what they think is in the book. Potential (and some elected)candidates all think they can change the world until reality sets in and they have to work within the system. Then their members hate them for falling short and in one Ohio local, keep electing new guys to continue the cycle. Or I guess they could just lead wildcats and hope big bad hall can come save the day...
Sometimes, our greatest failures come after a victory or a string of successes. Maybe 804 dealt with that. Who knows.

I've seen really poor representation in hearings by a BA too. Purposely poor.
That statement is painfully true.

After talking to a member of our team on the national negotiating committee I realized that many BAs only get to see the worse case examples of UPS hourlies (in disciplinary hearings) and I got the feeling that he viewed the rest of us to be like them because that's all some see...the problem cases.

I never looked at the possibility that members could be blatantly rude to unions officials without cause but I guess it could happen and does.
I feel the overall trust factor is severed. There's some hard days ahead.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
2rpxmhs.jpg

-Bug-
DROOPY+1.png

DROOPY+6.png

DROOPY+8.png

Big Bad Wolf

I had to explain to some new drivers that their 9.5 rights are gone for 4 years, under new language in article 37. Our dispatchers are laughing at the new language. Of course the company can afford to pay triple time to the few. When so many are not eligible now. You can tell a corporate lawyer negotiated this contract. Zuckerman/Pope 2016

Sent using BrownCafe App
So talk me through the difference between 9.5 language of a new driver now vs. last contract?

Did I blow your house down?

Big Bad Wolf

As long as local 89 and the others holdouts wanted to take it.

Face it, UPS never had to negotiate with these locals after the 1st vote. Hoffa and Hall promised them that.
Just like you feel that we were "forced" to take this, there are many more members that felt we were being toyed with by local 89. It was contract terrorism. Don't hold up my master because you want a few free bus ride tokens. Yeah, that's fair. I have never heard so many GD grown men acting like a bunch of babies in my life. I mean, hell, drink a beer, shoot a gun, chop some wood. Nope, instead you cry on social media.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
What were they holding up? Your $.70 raise? Are you in that bad of a financial state that not getting a $.70 raise ASAP was going to break you?

And how bad of you, not supporting your brothers and sister teamsters for a $.70 raise.

They didn't hold up anything. They were just standing up for a decent rider.

Big Bad Wolf

What were they holding up? Your $.70 raise? Are you in that bad of a financial state that not getting a $.70 raise ASAP was going to break you?

And how bad of you, not supporting your brothers and sister teamsters for a $.70 raise.

They didn't hold up anything. They were just standing up for a decent supplement.
They held up cover drivers from getting on 9.5, they held up interest and return on investments 30 years from now, they screwed people on TAW.....actually, wait a sec....
I love how the same people who say the part timers are screwed for a low starting wage are the same people making fun of people for asking for retros. Hypocrites!!!

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
They held up cover drivers from getting on 9.5, they held up interest and return on investments 30 years from now, they screwed people on TAW.....actually, wait a sec....
I love how the same people who say the part timers are screwed for a low starting wage are the same people making fun of people for asking for retros. Hypocrites!!!

You sound like a spoiled brat. I WANT IT NOW, WHAAAA!

No, really. That's what you just sounded like.

They didn't hold up anything. They were just standing up for a decent rider.
That retro check could sure come in handy for Father's Day.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I don't find either Bug or ITG to be credible at offering credible Info but that is my opinion.

There is that arrogant 710 & 705 attitude I was talking about.

Been a member of this forum for a whopping 2 months, and thinks he has all the answers.

Pfft....

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
My avatar says it all. Even the picture should give him a clue. Being ignorant when replying for BUG I guess is normal. He must not have a very good memory either as I've made it abundantly clear that I've put my time in this company and retired. I'm still waiting for someone to figure out who I am as I've described many things that happened through my career that would set bells off.

I don't read every post.

I missed the retirement part. My bad.

Your Local probably has a retiree group. Most can always use a hand.

-Bug-