Union is done

Inthegame

Not only have they sold us out, but they have completely mishandled our money. They spend dues money like it's their God given right and failed miserably with the pension fund. It's time for a new voice and vision going forward.
How have you been "sold out" your deal hasn't been ratified? L710 has a healthy treasury and a "green" zone Pension, but please don't let those pesky facts get in the way of your "credible" opinion.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
How have you been "sold out" your deal hasn't been ratified? L710 has a healthy treasury and a "green" zone Pension, but please don't let those pesky facts get in the way of your "credible" opinion.
Maybe local 710 is thinking Hoffa will impose their contract as well. You can't say it is not a real possibility now.

realbrown1

So you didn't state what the hold out is for. Proving my "blah blah blah" response. Secondly, I'm hearing lots of talk about Gagger (or however he spells it) starting his own TDU slate. Yet Gagger is actually old guard. Just because you feel like breaking free to try to be big pappa doesn't make you a reformer. He just has a vendetta. Reformers is just a modern word for vengeful.
It's almost like you are making my case for me every time you post. Thank you.

710 steward

Game

Why did Flynn and his staff defer salaries to show that they operated in the black for the 2013 fiscal year? How many union halls are on the books for 710? I'll give you a hint, it's more than one. Is it ok for business reps to drive Tahoe's that get maybe 20 miles to the gallon when there are more cost effective vehicles? Btw, those same salaries are now being repaid for the 2014 fiscal year. Seriously do yourself a favor do not use the word credible when all you do is deflect and protect your old friends.

Game

Why did Flynn and his staff defer salaries to show that they operated in the black for the 2013 fiscal year? How many union halls are on the books for 710? I'll give you a hint, it's more than one. Is it ok for business reps to drive Tahoe's that get maybe 20 miles to the gallon when there are more cost effective vehicles? Btw, those same salaries are now being repaid for the 2014 fiscal year. Seriously do yourself a favor do not use the word credible when all you do is deflect and protect your old friends.
Are you going to run against them in the next election?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So you didn't state what the hold out is for. Proving my "blah blah blah" response. Secondly, I'm hearing lots of talk about Gagger (or however he spells it) starting his own TDU slate. Yet Gagger is actually old guard. Just because you feel like breaking free to try to be big pappa doesn't make you a reformer. He just has a vendetta. Reformers is just a modern word for vengeful.

Did I blow your house down?
Vengeful for what?

Big Bad Wolf

Vengeful for what?
Because Hoffa took the throne from the great and all powerful Oz. And TDU thought they were going to be on the fast track to success. So reformers are set to project themselves as improvers of the union when in fact it's only to gain control. *Reminder- I am a reformed reformer. A true unionist looks at a union as a whole, not just UPS Teamsters.

Inthegame

Game

L710 showed a net asset gain because they spent less than they took in. Where are your facts? There was no salary deferral. What is listed on the 2013 LM2 (which seems a bit over your head) is expenses and income for 2013 including all salaries paid in 2013 in total. It appears a loan was restructured down from $403K to $330K which indicates less obligation for members which I'd say is desirable. Multiple Union facilities for a 19,000 member local covering the geographic area L710 has isn't unusual. It's called serving the members.
Instead of foolishly accusing me of protecting my old guard friends (never met Flynn) how about posting facts instead of off base speculation.

realbrown1

Once again, you can't state 89's issue besides health or bus tokens.

Well besides the shuttle issue, they wanted more full time jobs, better disability, and ending or reducing subcontracting.

Since you were unable to google local 89's website and look on their main page for this story.

Now do you know why I say Hoffa likes his cheerleaders not too bright?

710 steward

Game

L710 showed a net asset gain because they spent less than they took in. Where are your facts? There was no salary deferral. What is listed on the 2013 LM2 (which seems a bit over your head) is expenses and income for 2013 including all salaries paid in 2013 in total. It appears a loan was restructured down from $403K to $330K which indicates less obligation for members which I'd say is desirable. Multiple Union facilities for a 19,000 member local covering the geographic area L710 has isn't unusual. It's called serving the members.
Instead of foolishly accusing me of protecting my old guard friends (never met Flynn) how about posting facts instead of off base speculation.

Game

Since you are over your head I'll gladly explain. Flynn was questioned at the end of the meeting two months ago. He admitted that he deferred his and others salaries to show that 710 operated in the black for 2013. I don't care where you are getting your figures. He admitted that he had deferred salaries because someone had information claiming he did. I was at the meeting and watched Flynn carefully answer questions about it. Numbers are numbers and can be manipulated to look any way needed.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Well besides the shuttle issue, they wanted more full time jobs, better disability, and ending or reducing subcontracting.

Since you were unable to google local 89's website and look on their main page for this story.

Now do you know why I say Hoffa likes his cheerleaders not too bright?
hall.jpg I'm thinking it's not the Hoffa supporters who, in your words aren;t too bright. I rather think the part of Zuckerman stating he'd still encourage his local to shoot down the rider regardless of whether his demands were made to be very enlightning

Attachments

• hall 2.jpg
    hall 2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 97

realbrown1

View attachment 12941 I'm thinking it's not the Hoffa supporters who, in your words aren;t too bright. I rather think the part of Zuckerman stating he'd still encourage his local to shoot down the rider regardless of whether his demands were made to be very enlightning
Somebody is being lied to. Since I have followed local 89's negotiations closely, I know it's not me.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
As I have stated in a past post, I have sat and watched for a decade. I have chosen to remain silent and take in the thoughts of others. Just because I have chosen to post now really means nothing. Not a newbie or new to this site.

Let me congratulate you, for finally getting involved on the Cafe.

There are far to many bench warmers at UPS.

I was once content with our leadership but that has changed. They have grown to be arrogant and lazy. The recent developments in forcing the International will onto the remaining supplements back those feelings in my opinion.

Not directing this at you....

It's readily apparent, there is a vocal "interest" now.

Is it only a small discontent TDU group (or sympathizers) or is the membership in general ??

I get it, you don't post for the positive feedback. I don't either, but more times than not if I see your post I pass it up.

My posts aren't required reading.

If you don't like them.... don't read them.

-Bug-

BTW.... I run about a 50/1 ratio on likes vs dislikes.

(All the dislikes are from the TDU crowd) But, who's counting. :biggrin:

Last edited:

realbrown1

Oh really? Don't be so sure. A person gunning for the spot light will tell you all kinds of things. Even untruths.

Full time jobs, better disability and subcontracting have been issues at 89 for over a year.

You've been lied to and are not bright enough to figure it out on your own.

710 steward

Bug,

It's not TDU. My building would vote almost unanimously against the current slate. At the Teamcare meeting the business rep was getting verbally hammered so hard he left the room and sat in the lobby. Yes Game that's true. The sentiment in the UPS crowd is that it's time to go. I have heard similar sentiments at the meeting but it's tough to really get to know all of the membership. Flynn has created a mountain of problems that he continuously answer for every meeting. We are still maintaining 2 halls so there is big time money mismanagement.

Bug,

It's not TDU. My building would vote almost unanimously against the current slate. At the Teamcare meeting the business rep was getting verbally hammered so hard he left the room and sat in the lobby. Yes Game that's true. The sentiment in the UPS crowd is that it's time to go. I have heard similar sentiments at the meeting but it's tough to really get to know all of the membership. Flynn has created a mountain of problems that he continuously answer for every meeting. We are still maintaining 2 halls so there is big time money mismanagement.
So it's all about teamcare?