Union is done

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
There is that arrogant 710 & 705 attitude I was talking about.

Been a member of this forum for a whopping 2 months, and thinks he has all the answers.

Pfft....

-Bug-
I've been a member of this forum for a long time and while I'm not in complete agreement with 710, I see where he might have prematurely surmised his conclusion.
While your presentation is humorous most of the time, the points you try to make are often incomplete to someone unfamiliar with the subject matter.
Problem with this approach is that the threads you choose to participate in are fairly serious topics and its participants tend to be passionate.
While I subscribe to the notion that nobody knows everything, myself included, I find the best way to learn about union issues is to talk to people, especially those with more "stripes" than myself.
I then take the content of these interactions and try to mesh it with the applicable contractual language.
With this in mind, you often leave us wanting for "the rest of the story"
If you are truly a Big Union Guy, quit being so stingy.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I don't read every post.

I missed the retirement part. My bad.

Your Local probably has a retiree group. Most can always use a hand.

-Bug-

Maybe you should read all his posts before you pop off like that, unless you enjoy the taste of crow?
Seems like you don't learn from your mistakes in light of you not knowing whether he already participates in his retiree club?
digging_zpsee9b0515.jpg

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I've been a member of this forum for a long time and while I'm not in complete agreement with 710, I see where he might have prematurely surmised his conclusion.
While your presentation is humorous most of the time, the points you try to make are often incomplete to someone unfamiliar with the subject matter.
Problem with this approach is that the threads you choose to participate in are fairly serious topics and its participants tend to be passionate.
While I subscribe to the notion that nobody knows everything, myself included, I find the best way to learn about union issues is to talk to people, especially those with more "stripes" than myself.
I then take the content of these interactions and try to mesh it with the applicable contractual language.
With this in mind, you often leave us wanting for "the rest of the story"
If you are truly a Big Union Guy, quit being so stingy.

Valid point.

While not trying to sound aloof....

Most times when I am offering an opinion (without knowing the real specifics) of a situation,

I try and generalize my statements. Mainly, to try and encourage members to get involved....

After all, no official from any Local, would want their members running to them with a certain

position on an issue.... based on what they read here. Let alone, from me.

If more members were involved with their Local (and the Union in general), things would

be different. They certainly would be different, with this unprecedented contract situation.

-Bug-

BTW.... I didn't know if you were a supporter of Butch, I just thought that was funny.

Jim Rockford

Tram times were an issue because of the expanding nature of Worldport. Currently take an average of 20 minutes one way to get to the first couple of stops..repeat for the ride out....tack on extra minutes the further you go..so close to 30 minutes to get to the furthest work area from the guard shack. This is all from the current parking lot. The plan as i understand it, is that ups is going to tear down the current parking lot to expand the ramp so it attaches to the taxiway. In doing so forcing everyone to park on the other side of interstate 65...catching a tram from that parking lot..then riding it over i 65 bridge..then herd through the guard shack..then catch another tram that goes to your work area. So .. we are possibly looking at 45 minutes to get into work...plus the possibility of them constructing new wings.

710 steward

There is that arrogant 710 & 705 attitude I was talking about.

Been a member of this forum for a whopping 2 months, and thinks he has all the answers.

Pfft....

-Bug-

As I have stated in a past post, I have sat and watched for a decade. I have chosen to remain silent and take in the thoughts of others. Just because I have chosen to post now really means nothing. Not a newbie or new to this site.

I was once content with our leadership but that has changed. They have grown to be arrogant and lazy. The recent developments in forcing the International will onto the remaining supplements back those feelings in my opinion.

Getting back, I have watched you post for years and have obviously dealt with your lack of thoughts with my thoughts. If you cannot make an intelligent thought to post, don't. Arrogance has zero to do with it. The vast majority of your posts have words but truly say nothing. If you did you would get agrees and likes but you don't. I get it, you don't post for the positive feedback. I don't either, but more times than not if I see your post I pass it up. Why bother....to read...nonsense?

Satuirus2000

Tram times were an issue because of the expanding nature of Worldport. Currently take an average of 20 minutes one way to get to the first couple of stops..repeat for the ride out....tack on extra minutes the further you go..so close to 30 minutes to get to the furthest work area from the guard shack. This is all from the current parking lot. The plan as i understand it, is that ups is going to tear down the current parking lot to expand the ramp so it attaches to the taxiway. In doing so forcing everyone to park on the other side of interstate 65...catching a tram from that parking lot..then riding it over i 65 bridge..then herd through the guard shack..then catch another tram that goes to your work area. So .. we are possibly looking at 45 minutes to get into work...plus the possibility of them constructing new wings.

You're wasting your time. I tried to tell people this in the past and all you get is "Lol, I commute to work too, why are you complaining? It's wrong to hold the contract hostage over 20 minutes blah blah blah." I really wish the lie that 89 was holding out only because of the healthcare and shuttle would just die. That wasn't true and the IBT and other posters need to stop parroting that falsehood. But what's done is done. I know what I have to do come 2016.

Big Bad Wolf

You're wasting your time. I tried to tell people this in the past and all you get is "Lol, I commute to work too, why are you complaining? It's wrong to hold the contract hostage over 20 minutes blah blah blah." I really wish the lie that 89 was holding out only because of the healthcare and shuttle would just die. That wasn't true and the IBT and other posters need to stop parroting that falsehood. But what's done is done. I know what I have to do come 2016.
So let's hear it? You gonna buy in to the communist way of thinking. You too weak to process your own thought. So explain your logic instead of blah blah blah woe is me.

Did I blow your house down?

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Maybe you should read all his posts before you pop off like that, unless you enjoy the taste of crow?
Seems like you don't learn from your mistakes in light of you not knowing whether he already participates in his retiree club?
digging_zpsee9b0515.jpg

I moved across the country so it would be awfully difficult to attend those meetings. But thanks for your concern in this matter.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
So let's hear it? You gonna buy in to the communist way of thinking. You too weak to process your own thought. So explain your logic instead of blah blah blah woe is me.

I honestly don't believe you have the ability to understand what Satuirus2000 was saying.

So I will say it more plainly for you and the other Old Guard cheerleaders.

Local 89 held out for a lot of reasons. Not just for Healthcare and shuttles.

He also said he knew what to do in 2016. That is the next general teamsters election. I think he is telling you he is not voting for anymore Old Guard canidates.

You blind Old Guard supporters should have taken school a lot more seriously. Then you would eventuallike come to the same conclusion most of us have come to. The Old Guard have sold us out.

710 steward

Not only have they sold us out, but they have completely mishandled our money. They spend dues money like it's their God given right and failed miserably with the pension fund. It's time for a new voice and vision going forward.

Inthegame

I honestly don't believe you have the ability to understand what Satuirus2000 was saying.

He also said he knew what to do in 2016. That is the next general teamsters election. I think he is telling you he is not voting for anymore Old Guard canidates.

You blind Old Guard supporters should have taken school a lot more seriously. Then you would eventuallike come to the same conclusion most of us have come to. The Old Guard have sold us out.
It appears even in school you were leading the revolt against "old guard" grammar teachings.

Big Bad Wolf

So you didn't state what the hold out is for. Proving my "blah blah blah" response. Secondly, I'm hearing lots of talk about Gagger (or however he spells it) starting his own TDU slate. Yet Gagger is actually old guard. Just because you feel like breaking free to try to be big pappa doesn't make you a reformer. He just has a vendetta. Reformers is just a modern word for vengeful.

Did I blow your house down?