Union is done

Inthegame

There is conflicting info. During our in center TeamCare presentation it was announced that negotiations would start again May 15th. 710 maintains there are no new negotiations in the works just yet. Your guess is as good as mine at this point. I have talked with my BA recently but mums the word.
Good luck, but if no adjustments are made, I'd vote no.

10 point

Seriously tho, there are some good changes in some of the language about surepost and the 9.5 list and some wage increases.
There's some really bad changes for part timers tho.
There's a lot of smoke to clear on healthcare and there's much uncertainty in that arena.
I believe, depending on your preexisting healthcare plan its better for some and worse for others.
The really good thing was this debacle got many locals stewards and members talking, comparing issues, and unifying to combat the system that exists in Ohio and that is only going to grow and strengthen as time passes.

This union will never be the same again. It cant.

Stonefish

Stone

One thing that won't change is this contract was forced onto the three remaining supplements. What should have happened was it should have been explained what was already negotiated and would not be up for negotiation. After that they could have waited for Teamcare to be implemented and then start negotiating so those holdouts couldn't vote no based on health insurance. Instead you ended up with Hoffa and crew forcing their will onto the holdouts. None of that changes between now and 16, Stone. Maybe you are tongue and cheeking it. I don't know but that's what I see.
Here is another thing that won't change people believe what they want to believe. The facts are the 3 remaining came in to meet with the national negotiating committee. The first two supplements reported the only reason their members were voting no was because of TeamCare and there were no open issues other than that. The other local said he would not recommend or pass the contract with TeamCare. Those are facts and left the committee with no other choice based on the interpretation or resolution.

Here is another thing that won't change people believe what they want to believe. The facts are the 3 remaining came in to meet with the national negotiating committee. The first two supplements reported the only reason their members were voting no was because of TeamCare and there were no open issues other than that. The other local said he would not recommend or pass the contract with TeamCare. Those are facts and left the committee with no other choice based on the interpretation or resolution.
:censored2:!

Last edited by a moderator:

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
You were there?

Big Bad Wolf

It is my opinion that UPS drove a dump truck full of $100 bills to Hoffa's house, dumped it in his drive way, and drove away.

It is better than my other thought of UPS having pictures of Hoffa in a hotel room with a dead girl or a live boy.

Something has to be the reason that Hoffa sold us out so obviously to UPS.
I don't get your philosophy of sold out? The contract passed by the majority of votes. Bringing up the % of voters is moot. Fredric Z stated that the "vote no" campaign was healthcare driven.

Where are you pigs now?

710 steward

Stone

I believe what you are saying. What should have happened after that was both the local and IBT announcing what cannot be negotiated, the full implementation of TeamCare, and the new supplement only negotiations. If what is happening in Ky at Worldport is true they have a honest complaint. It's a real issue that now cannot be resolved because of the willful decisions of the IBT. That's my point.

screamin chicken

My personal opinion , the union needs to step up, we are getting abused everyday and nothing is done., we are told we cant have more then three send agains , our stop count is 40 more then we need, and if there is a issue and you call they just say work as instructed , how about do something, I mean yesterday I was told after running 160 stops I had to go back and re attempt my 10 send agains, that is increasing my miles and my work day, while all my sups are home everyday at 2 , the oms runs our bldg......

Stonefish

Stone

I believe what you are saying. What should have happened after that was both the local and IBT announcing what cannot be negotiated, the full implementation of TeamCare, and the new supplement only negotiations. If what is happening in Ky at Worldport is true they have a honest complaint. It's a real issue that now cannot be resolved because of the willful decisions of the IBT. That's my point.
I understand your point. Sometimes decisions have to be made that are unpopular but are in the best interest of everyone. That's what leaders do. In the end if we don't agree there are elections every 5 years.

Stonefish

My personal opinion , the union needs to step up, we are getting abused everyday and nothing is done., we are told we cant have more then three send agains , our stop count is 40 more then we need, and if there is a issue and you call they just say work as instructed , how about do something, I mean yesterday I was told after running 160 stops I had to go back and re attempt my 10 send agains, that is increasing my miles and my work day, while all my sups are home everyday at 2 , the oms runs our bldg......
Are you on the 9.5 list

Jim Rockford

I understand your point. Sometimes decisions have to be made that are unpopular but are in the best interest of everyone. That's what leaders do. In the end if we don't agree there are elections every 5 years.
If you pay dues...you deserve a vote on your local rider... i dont understand how that is even debatable.

realbrown1

I don't get your philosophy of sold out? The contract passed by the majority of votes. Bringing up the % of voters is moot. Fredric Z stated that the "vote no" campaign was healthcare driven.

Where are you pigs now?
You wouldn't understand.

That's why I have been calling you an Old Guard cheerleader for a while now.

You back what Hoffa does, no matter what.

It's just what you do.

Big Bad Wolf

You wouldn't understand.

That's why I have been calling you an Old Guard cheerleader for a while now.

You back what Hoffa does, no matter what.

It's just what you do.
I used to be a full on TDUer. I gave thousands to "help out". Guess what that got me? "You should better your donation!" I was duped by TDU. I was just like you. I couldn't see clear. It's not a Hoffa issue at all. The issues are bigger than a few votes and Teamcare.

Where are you pigs now?

realbrown1

I used to be a full on TDUer. I gave thousands to "help out". Guess what that got me? "You should better your donation!" I was duped by TDU. I was just like you. I couldn't see clear. It's not a Hoffa issue at all. The issues are bigger than a few votes and Teamcare.

Where are you pigs now?
Sounds like you are the "DUPED" type.

I have never been and probably won't be a member of TDU.

If TDU has a slate that wins in 2016, I am telling you I will be right here judging them on their record like I have done with Hoffa and the Old Guard.

You don't seem to be able to separate yourself from your chosen side until you hit a breaking point.

Shame.

Stonefish

If you pay dues...you deserve a vote on your local rider... i dont understand how that is even debatable.
Those people had a vote and when the chairmen of their committee said the reason it won't pass is because of TeamCare then there is nothing else to vote on that issue already passed.

Stonefish

Where are you pigs now?
He is a TDU lackey. You are wasting your time trying to reason with unreasonable people. He is anti union.

Jim Rockford

Those people had a vote and when the chairmen of their committee said the reason it won't pass is because of TeamCare then there is nothing else to vote on that issue already passed.

I've seen no evidence of this...other than hall/ibt claiming this to be so. Wish I would have saved all of the Union Fliers handed out by 89 pertaining to the local rider. None of them listed this as a reason to vote NO on the Local. My steward was on the Negotiating committee. he was asked repeatedly about insurance and reiterated that the healthcare was settled in the national. I have to say ..if you're not from here...you cant understand the weirdness that was in the air. I 've seen how it gets when the company is sweating local negotiations...none of it was it was present for the 2nd and 3rd votes. There's no way possible to translate it... but just didnt pass the smell test from any angle.

Yes we were not happy about teamcare, but thats not why (us)...holdouts, held out! You just dont get it man! Guess you know better than me,, why I was a holdout!

Last edited: