Union is done

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Theking30, Apr 24, 2014.

1. 10 point

10 point Well-Known Member

Yeah, but you actually work for yours.

2. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

It's because you are viewing Brown Cafe Forum, on your phone.

[​IMG]

Instead.... of viewing it on a normal computer screen.

[​IMG]

You're welcome.

-Bug-

3. Ron Carey lives on

Ron Carey lives on Well-Known Member

Honest question: can someone on here tell that this is a good contract that was imposed on us April 25th

Sent using BrownCafe App

4. Ron Carey lives on

Tell me sorry

Sent using BrownCafe App

5. BakerMayfield2018

BakerMayfield2018 Fight the power.

:villagewrong:Shove your sorries in a sack mister

6. realbrown1

realbrown1 Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

Oh really. You're going to keep an open mind next election? Yeah right!

You do nothing but back Hoffa and the Old Guard and you expect people to believe you have an open mind?

But I wouldn't expect any better from an Old Guard blind follower and Hoffa cheerleader.

7. Ron Carey lives on

So you think its a good contract brown 12345?

Sent using BrownCafe App

8. Stonefish

Stonefish Well-Known Member

Mario P could have done better after UPS gave him the boat

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2014
  9. Stonefish

Stonefish Well-Known Member

He was with your boy Carey wasn't he

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2014
  10. 710 steward

710 steward Active Member

Stone

One thing that won't change is this contract was forced onto the three remaining supplements. What should have happened was it should have been explained what was already negotiated and would not be up for negotiation. After that they could have waited for Teamcare to be implemented and then start negotiating so those holdouts couldn't vote no based on health insurance. Instead you ended up with Hoffa and crew forcing their will onto the holdouts. None of that changes between now and 16, Stone. Maybe you are tongue and cheeking it. I don't know but that's what I see.

11. Inthegame

Inthegame Well-Known Member

That was exactly what happened. The IBT made it clear TeamCare was a National Master agreed to provision.

12. 710 steward

Game

The problem there en lies that by forcing all three supplements any remaining problems not tied into the master became moot and that isn't just wrong, it's reckless. There should have been a vote on the remaining issues.

13. Inthegame

I agree, it was reckless and irresponsible of the Local Union leadership to not educate their members on what issues they were voting on.

14. Yea but what if they were never going to resolve those issues. When is enough enough? I know this might sound like a poor analogy but but we were never going to be able to reason with hitler or Japan. I know they weren't the same and it's not a war but how would you reason with someone who can't be reasoned with? Do you think it's just that easy to be the guy or guys calling the shots? I can tell you this it's a whole lot easier taking the shots at those calling the shots than the latter.

15. 710 steward

I agree with that in part. Both the International and local.own this 50/50. Irregardless those holdouts were forced into something in which they didn't have say and that is the IBT 's fault. There is plenty of fault to go around, but no one should have had their supplement forced onto them.

16. 710 steward

Never say never because never is a long time. Once everything that couldn't be negotiated comes off the table then there is only so much to negotiate. That's why you start negotiations AFTER TeamCare would be implemented. Then the holdouts cannot make that part of their cause. It would have worked itself out.

17. Inthegame

Possibly an amendment to the IBT Constitution is in order.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. Inthegame

Possibly an amendment to the IBT Constitution is in order. Any word on when your (L710) next vote will be?

19. 10 point

10 point Well-Known Member

Good for UPS stockholders?
    Especially the ones in Atlanta.

20. 710 steward

There is conflicting info. During our in center TeamCare presentation it was announced that negotiations would start again May 15th. 710 maintains there are no new negotiations in the works just yet. Your guess is as good as mine at this point. I have talked with my BA recently but mums the word.