Union Politics - IRB busts the Ohio Confrence of Teamsters

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I believe Abe Lincoln was allegedly quoted saying it best...
No foreign army will ever defeat us but we will be destroyed when we vote ourselves privilege (paraphrased).

There is no "best part" in these allegations. And it's not the "rat" that is the issue as previously posted imo. The issue is how an IRB investigation would even get traction to file this report.
IRB has a lot of money at stake. Your going to see a lot of shenanigans from TDU and IRB over the next 4 years.

10 point

It was brought to light by "sour grapes" but the findings are what they are and I'm sure they will be addressed. In the end it doesn't matter that the guy who is a pig for sexually harassing his secretary is the one that called the IRB because he wanted to take over the Joint Council and the Ohio Conference. What matters is the issues get resolved and the organization is for the benefit of the members.
We are all collateral damage in this.
You realize that I'm sure.
And you also will find out a few things about (a) lying BAs in the not so distant future.

The truth will always come out and you will take a step back when it does.

InsideUPS

The most tragic part of this IRB report is that it makes it very difficult to promote unionism and to organize other non-union companies. Combine this report with the financial crisis of the CSPF and you have a very toxic mix to try and sell to your union brothers and sisters on the advantages of being a union member, much less to try and organize other companies such as FedEx. Fortunately for the union, UPS does an excellent job at constantly reminding us why the union is an essential part of our lives....especially for the post-IPO and modern version of UPS.

I've read through the report several times in an attempt to be as non-biased as I can about the IRB findings as I have no union political goals or affiliations. The report does contain a number of "petty" issues which I'm sure had to be pointed out as a thorough review of the audit. However, there are significant issues that simply cannot be ignored as either being dishonest......incompetent.....or just too lazy to perform the job according to the rules...or a combination of the three.

Approximately 70% of the approximate 3/4 million dollar annual income going to salaries and other benefits for the officers, employees, and other officers of locals.....

Approximately 16%-20% of the approximate 3/4 million dollar annual income going to legal retainer fees....

The Conference spent nothing ($0.00) on educating members or providing statistical information to support the best possible service to the membership in collective bargaining which were claimed objectives for its existence in it's Bylaws....

In an era of dwindling union membership, it would make more sense to me if our union officers would focus available finances on organizing and much less if any on golf events, golf clubs, annual meetings, etc.. I don't care so much about the Conference secretary going out and charging $27.47 and $44.33 on some unrelated meal as the IRB reported.... however I do care about trying to increase union membership for the security of us all....both now and in the future. If the money going to the Ohio Conference is not being for the claimed objectives as stated in the Bylaws....then the Conference should be eliminated as it serves no useful purpose to it's membership.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
IRB has a lot of money at stake. Your going to see a lot of shenanigans from TDU and IRB over the next 4 years.
...and I'm the conspiracy theorist???

The "shenanigans" took place among the officers of the Ohio Conference in this instance, nobody else.

I guess we will see if the IBT is ready to regulate itself again, and yes, the IRB will be watching closely as they should be.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The most tragic part of this IRB report is that it makes it very difficult to promote unionism and to organize other non-union companies. Combine this report with the financial crisis of the CSPF and you have a very toxic mix to try and sell to your union brothers and sisters on the advantages of being a union member, much less to try and organize other companies such as FedEx. Fortunately for the union, UPS does an excellent job at constantly reminding us why the union is an essential part of our lives....especially for the post-IPO and modern version of UPS.

I've read through the report several times in an attempt to be as non-biased as I can about the IRB findings as I have no union political goals or affiliations. The report does contain a number of "petty" issues which I'm sure had to be pointed out as a thorough review of the audit. However, there are significant issues that simply cannot be ignored as either being dishonest......incompetent.....or just too lazy to perform the job according to the rules...or a combination of the three.

Approximately 70% of the approximate 3/4 million dollar annual income going to salaries and other benefits for the officers, employees, and other officers of locals.....

Approximately 16%-20% of the approximate 3/4 million dollar annual income going to legal retainer fees....

The Conference spent nothing ($0.00) on educating members or providing statistical information to support the best possible service to the membership in collective bargaining which were claimed objectives for its existence in it's Bylaws....

In an era of dwindling union membership, it would make more sense to me if our union officers would focus available finances on organizing and much less if any on golf events, golf clubs, annual meetings, etc.. I don't care so much about the Conference secretary going out and charging $27.47 and $44.33 on some unrelated meal as the IRB reported.... however I do care about trying to increase union membership for the security of us all....both now and in the future. If the money going to the Ohio Conference is not being for the claimed objectives as stated in the Bylaws....then the Conference should be eliminated as it serves no useful purpose to it's membership.
Excellent synopsis!!!

Here's a question that hasn't been asked in this thread; how is that the Ohio Conference, with an annual take of $750,000, is not subject to periodic internal audits like every other local in the country?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Stop it.
You were at the outing.
That's worthy of a Christmas bonus?
No, you stop it.
The all expenses, paid trip the Maumee Bay resort for themselves and significant other was bonus enough.

It was a well run golf outing though.
I missed not going this year.

Do you think this means they won't be getting a Christmas bonus this year?

10 point

The same CBA aka Ohio Rider that "some" of the folks involved in the conference absolutely refused to reopen when it got shot down the second time and called some stewards on the east side of the state "TDU" and treated them harshly because they asked for changes to be considered?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The most tragic part of this IRB report is that it makes it very difficult to promote unionism and to organize other non-union companies. Combine this report with the financial crisis of the CSPF and you have a very toxic mix to try and sell to your union brothers and sisters on the advantages of being a union member, much less to try and organize other companies such as FedEx.

Amen.

TDU harps on the lack of organizing by the IBT.

But yet, they are the ones.... that continue to "pat themselves on the back"

for exposing corruption. Thus, pointing it out to everyone.

Good job.

It seems, they are only interested in organizing "new" members for TDU.

What does that "dues" money pay for ?

(Besides the room, across the hall from the convention)

Open the books.... so we can find out.

Why, are they so secretive ?

It's like they have something to hide. :biggrin:

(Maybe, who actually finances them)

-Bug-

10 point

Amen.

Good job.

-Bug-
I didn't know they were elected to represent us.

First we blame the "rat" and now TDU.

Shallow.

Amen.

Good job.

-Bug-
Communits & the GOP finance them. Oh and some misguided teamsters plus that five bucks they were begging for.