Union Politics - IRB busts the Ohio Confrence of Teamsters

I just don't understand why Ron Carey raised the pension to 3000 across the board when he knew it was irresponsible and that some employers didn't contribute the same contributions for pensions. Was it just because he wanted to get reelected? Was he trying to bankrupt the fund down the road? He knew that employers were bleeding money and we're going to fold. I'm pretty sure he knew some employers were going to go bankrupt and not fulfill their buyout from central states. I wish I knew what the hell that TDUer was thinking.

10 point

I just don't understand why Ron Carey raised the pension to 3000 across the board when he knew it was irresponsible and that some employers didn't contribute the same contributions for pensions. Was it just because he wanted to get reelected? Was he trying to bankrupt the fund down the road? He knew that employers were bleeding money and we're going to fold. I'm pretty sure he knew some employers were going to go bankrupt and not fulfill their buyout from central states. I wish I knew what the hell that TDUer was thinking.
None of the above and you know it.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Perhaps he thought he would do what Hoffa has failed to do, organize more employees than he lost?
450.jpg

Was being the first operative word, the second being "life".
Again he's deceased, so either way, he's square with the house.
Let it go.
But how can I let it go when his actions screwed so many people? So his irresponsible actions are supposed to be all forgotten and forgiven because he's dead? Sorry but I can't let it go. Ron Carey screwed so many people.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
But how can I let it go when his actions screwed so many people? So his irresponsible actions are supposed to be all forgotten and forgiven because he's dead? Sorry but I can't let it go. Ron Carey screwed so many people.
That was 17 years ago and much has happened as you're quick to mention.
What has H done since, besides sit on his hands and wait until the government intervened?

That was 17 years ago and much has happened as you're quick to mention.
What has H done since, besides sit on his hands and wait until the government intervened?
Why did Ron Carey screw us all with this 3000 a month across the board. Can you please answer this? Did he do it because he wanted to get reelected?

Do you actually believe what you posted?
Ron Carey irresponsibility increased the pensions to 3000 across the board. Why did he do it 10point. You know it wasn't sustainable when trucking companies were going out of business with deregulation. Either dude was a maroon or he was living in the minute. Bottom line he screwed a lot of men and women in 2015 and 2016.

10 point

Why did Ron Carey screw us all with this 3000 a month across the board. Can you please answer this? Did he do it because he wanted to get reelected?
He did it because UPS offered it to our membership IF they'd cross the line and break the impasse.
That's why Carey matched it. Probably because he felt we didn't have the backbone to resist the $1000 bump and it had been two weeks since the strike began and many were restless.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Ron Carey irresponsibility increased the pensions to 3000 across the board. Why did he do it 10point. You know it wasn't sustainable when trucking companies were going out of business with deregulation. Either dude was a maroon or he was living in the minute. Bottom line he screwed a lot of men and women in 2015 and 2016.
That was prior to deregulation and ancient history.
Why didn't Hoffa find a way to fix it after he ran him out of the General Presidency?
Because he wanted to get reelected?

That was prior to deregulation and ancient history.
Why didn't H find a way to fix it after he ran him out of the General Presidency?
Because he wanted to get reelected?
No matter what I or anyone says you will always find something else. What's the point of debating it with you and hen you never see anyone else's side.

10 point

To turn down an extra grand a month seemed ludicrous to many but the real culprit was the company who wanted the pension. They knew the union and it's members were in a corner with the pension and took advantage of it.

The real problematic question is how many of us would have crossed the line if he hadn't matched it.

That's the true issue.