Union Politics - Shop Steward Petitions not Honored @ 952

LagunaBrown

It seems pretty simple to me.
While it would appear that the bylaws don't specifically provide for a stewards election, it also appears to have possibly been done in the past, hence the petition, or was the notion conjured out of thin air?
If the principle officer and or Eboard feels it necessary to ignore this request by a majority of the bargaining unit members in this shop, they have committed political suicide and should be castrated as such in the next local election.

When is the next local election?
It seems pretty simple to me.
While it would appear that the bylaws don't specifically provide for a stewards election, it also appears to have possibly been done in the past, hence the petition, or was the notion conjured out of thin air?
If the principle officer and or Eboard feels it necessary to ignore this request by a majority of the bargaining unit members in this shop, they have committed political suicide and should be castrated as such in the next local election.

When is the next local election?

Like I said, it's been brought up at our Local and Reformers lost Local elections in 2010 and 2013. When we held our shop steward elections not one reformer challenged yet Evil and his 10 alias talk all kind of smack on the internet as if there is "Trouble". Please don't believe the hype. Some stewards are appointed and others elected pending on the Unit and it is completely within the IBT rules. The thing to remember is NO steward can deny a righteous grievance.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Just a couple months back PK honored a petition for a new steward election at YRC but he won't honor this one.
This may lend some clarity to the situation, as no local should subject themselves to petition after petition within "months" of each other, triggering multiple elections at the same barn.
Where these petitions you refer to from the same terminal, or from two different barns?
In my local, when a petition is processed and an election ensues, the winner cannot be challenged again for a year.
Like I said, it's been brought up at our Local and Reformers lost Local elections in 2010 and 2013. When we held our shop steward elections not one reformer challenged yet Evil and his 10 alias talk all kind of smack on the internet as if there is "Trouble". Please don't believe the hype. Some stewards are appointed and others elected pending on the Unit and it is completely within the IBT rules. The thing to remember is NO steward can deny a righteous grievance.
If it's not provided for in the local bylaws, how do they determine which shop elects and which shop appoints stewards?
Why would the wishes of the majority not be respected if it isn't about politics and the status quo?

LagunaBrown

This may lend some clarity to the situation, as no local should subject themselves to petition after petition within "months" of each other, triggering multiple elections at the same barn.
Where these petitions you refer to from the same terminal, or from two different barns?
In my local, when a petition is processed and an election ensues, the winner cannot be challenged again for a year.

If it's not provided for in the local bylaws, how do they determine which shop elects and which shop appoints stewards?
Why would the wishes of the majority not be respected if it isn't about politics and the status quo?

Like I said before if you would comprehended what I said, it depends on the Unit. This thread is nonsense since Evil claims local 396, Silent Bang is not even UPS (who know what his trade or contract says) and your from another local but you guys are making a stink all in the name of TDU about 952. Good luck at your locals and trades gents! I will keep the petition avatar in honor of you all reinventing the wheel! Cheers and i will let you know when the reformers lose a 3rd election!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Like I said before if you would comprehended what I said, it depends on the Unit. This thread is nonsense since Evil claims local 396, Silent Bang is not even UPS (who know what his trade or contract says) and your from another local but you guys are making a stink all in the name of TDU about 952. Good luck at your locals and trades gents! I will keep the petition avatar in honor of you all reinventing the wheel! Cheers and i will let you know when the reformers lose a 3rd election!

Calm down, put your car in park, pull down your belly shirt and answer my questions.
They have nothing to do with reform or TDU.

Last edited:

5habits100

Calm down, put your car in park, pull down your belly shirt and answer my questions.
They have nothing to do with reform or TDU.
Crazy thought...

Change the by laws in January to have elections for stewards every two years

Just a thought

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That's a great
Crazy thought...

Change the by laws in January to have elections for stewards every two years

Just a thought
That's a great thought, provided their bylaws call for bylaw amendments to be introduced in January, who knows?
But in the interim I am trying to understand how a local can allow one group to elect their steward, while telling another group they cannot?

Last edited:

Evil

How many slates ran @ 952 in 2010 and 2013?

My understanding is PK won in 2010 with 57% of the total votes, that number dwindled down to 51% in 2013. Two slates split the vote on two occasions. Since 2013, PK has lost even more support, further sunk 952 financially, negotiated worse contracts, his BAs are becoming more unpopular by the second, especially the UPS Anaheim steward a.k.a. "the used car salesman" and his Vice President was charged with a DUI while driving a union issued vehicle.

One thing is for sure, there will only be one slate going against PK next year....that's unless the DUI Brewman can find seven members that like him to form a slate.

The Silent Bang

That's a great

That's a great thought, provided their bylaws call for bylaw amendments to be introduced in January, who knows?
But in the interim I am trying to understand how a local can allow one group to elect their steward, while telling another group they cannot?
You did notice that Laguna didn't answer my questions....
I honestly don't think you will understand my local because PK is all over the place! He allows his business agents to do what ever they want without any recourse, meaning every agent does things different, When they deem someone as an opponent they become enemies of the local and they will do what ever they cant to get that member terminated, suspended, or constantly harassed. There are currently charges against the local for failure to properly represent members.
Laguna will post that everything is peachy at the local under PK, i just don't get it .. I thought he was brighter than that! ha ha ha ha!!

The Silent Bang

How many slates ran @ 952 in 2010 and 2013?

My understanding is PK won in 2010 with 57% of the total votes, that number dwindled down to 51% in 2013. Two slates split the vote on two occasions. Since 2013, PK has lost even more support, further sunk 952 financially, negotiated worse contracts, his BAs are becoming more unpopular by the second, especially the UPS Anaheim steward a.k.a. "the used car salesman" and his Vice President was charged with a DUI while driving a union issued vehicle.

One thing is for sure, there will only be one slate going against PK next year....that's unless the DUI Brewman can find seven members that like him to form a slate.

Brewman is a white supremacist along with that organizer from YRC. We have mutual friends that know both of them. The organizer didn't hide it, seen him at plenty of meetings sporting a red and white bandana out of his rear pocket. How Kelly allows that just shows how out of touch he is with the local.

Evil

Brewman is a white supremacist along with that organizer from YRC. We have mutual friends that know both of them. The organizer didn't hide it, seen him at plenty of meetings sporting a red and white bandana out of his rear pocket. How Kelly allows that just shows how out of touch he is with the local.

What's the red and white bandana signify? Is that from that biker gang the "Red and White." They're the leading meth distributing gang in the country.

If PK has :censored2: bags employed at the local wearing that low life white trash garbage he is lower than low! But look at PK, he's white trash himself. He makes $200K a year and hasn't fixed that gap between his teeth.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What's the red and white bandana signify? Is that from that biker gang the "Red and White." They're the leading meth distributing gang in the country.

If PK has :censored2: bags employed at the local wearing that low life white trash garbage he is lower than low! But look at PK, he's white trash himself. He makes $200K a year and hasn't fixed that gap between his teeth.

Strahan makes millions and hasn't fixed the gap in his teeth either.

EasyTrucker

I ONLY speak for UPS because every trade has different rules. Hell every UPS local had different rules here is an example........

1. Check Bylaws - Nothing in the Bylaws means you got no case (go to to step 2) Some locals like UPS Local 804 has steward election language in the bylaws. 804 also has language in article 19 of their supplement and they give their UPS stewards "SUPER SENIORITY" (I wonder how the members feel about that) but the local chooses units that are elected and or appointed......
2. Check you contract. (Every local is different) For us its article 4. NOTICE THE WORD DESIGNATE, I put the definition for you.

des·ig·nate

verb
verb: designate; 3rd person present: designates; past tense: designated; past participle: designated; gerund or present participle: designating
ˈdeziɡˌnāt/
appoint (someone) to a specified position.
"he was designated as prime minister"
synonyms: appoint, nominate, depute, delegate

(Try reading your contract and get back to me for tutelage)

The infamous EE and his reformers have been crying about this since 2010 as as a bullet point mainly to win votes because they lost the elections in 2010 and 2013. Here it is 2015 five years later and its the same old recycled TDU crap. The truth is some units are appointed and some elected but its up to the local, bylaws and contract depending on number of combos, porters, drivers or part timers (part-timers have high turnover rate either leaving job or going Driving).

4. Why are we talkin about YRC on a UPS forum? (see step 3)

What is SUPER SENIORITY?

The Silent Bang

What is SUPER SENIORITY?
Certain contracts throughout the country have "super seniority" language in contracts to protect stewards from layoffs. And the thoughts behind that was that if a company did have layoffs and stewards were low enough in the seniority roster to be affected by a layoff that would protect them from that. Most do not use it for bidding purposes unless stewards were needed on certain shifts that they could not get unless they have "super seniority"

But that is old language that was needed when they had strong stewards that were backed by a strong local. Nowadays especially our locals here so-cal are weak and the leaders could care less about stewards. When stewards have a "misunderstanding" with our union official they are removed.

Last edited:

Evil

Certain contracts throughout the country have "super seniority" language in contracts to protect stewards from layoffs. And the thoughts behind that was that if a company did have layoffs and stewards were low enough in the seniority roster to be affected by a layoff that would protect them from that. Most do not use it for bidding purposes unless stewards were needed on certain shifts that they could not get unless they have "super seniority"

But that is old language that was needed when they had strong stewards that were backed by a strong local. Nowadays especially our locals here so-cal are weak and the leaders could care less about stewards. When stewards have a "misunderstanding" with our union official they are removed.

How dare you say that. LB is gonna cry. But its true So Cal locals are weak and crooked. They have a history of retaliation.

LagunaBrown

Steward elections are happening in Laguna......... Where are all the reformers? Ha ha ha ha! All this trash talk on the internet like there is some uprising against the local but you can't get one to put their name on the steward list. Hmmmmm

Last edited: