Unions bicycles politics let's see where this goes.

10 Pt

yah i dunno what you're talking about it's actually pretty easy with compound interest, time, and not living paycheck-to-paycheck

too much resi and expansion

as we automate and lay-off a solid chunk of the PT workforce, and eventually convert the FT to PT, we'll be rolling

personally i prefer FT employees, more buy-in and it's no big deal with the right organization and scheduling, but that's just not the way the cookie is crumbling

pensions and stocks are sketchy rewards, why would anyone want to rely on such singular sources of income

medical is maybe something we're losing on, i rarely use my benefits so i dunno; i'd like to see the country go to single-payer so we can all be on the same page
Technology will replace the FT management jobs as well and there's a lot less of you than us.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'll take that under advisement!!!

You'll be happy to know that I carried my copy of the Teamster magazine straight for my mail box right to our recycling dumpster.

You might suggest to your boy Ken that the IBT could save a buttload of money by discontinuing the print version and instead offering it online only with an e-mail reminder. That could also draw more traffic to their website.

Just a thought.

LeadBelly

Banned
You'll be happy to know that I carried my copy of the Teamster magazine straight for my mail box right to our recycling dumpster.

You might suggest to your boy Ken that the IBT could save a buttload of money by discontinuing the print version and instead offering it online only with an e-mail reminder. That could also draw more traffic to their website.

Just a thought.
Actually that's is being taken under advisement as we speak. One good thing about that magazine is that I photoshopped my head where Jimmys is. I can't wait to show the picture to Ken. I don't know if I ever told you Dave , but I'm a huge Kenny Hall fan. The guys got us industry leading wages that have made a great life for my family and I.

Ps thanks for the advice earlier on the $ 5,000. I appreciate it. Have a good rest of your weekend and a safe week.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Technology will replace the FT management jobs as well and there's a lot less of you than us.
i don't think there are too many FT supervisors, but the distribution of how they're used is god awful

we could wipe most of the PT force though if we wanted, but the company thinks the opposite of how i do on FT/PT preference

so yeah overall we do have too many supervisors in one form or another

10 Pt

i don't think there are too many FT supervisors, but the distribution of how they're used is god awful

we could wipe most of the PT force though if we wanted, but the company thinks the opposite of how i do on FT/PT preference

so yeah overall we do have too many supervisors in one form or another
Imo supervisors are too burried in paperwork and multiple conference calls. They could be used to cultivate and retain new and existing customer base in their area.
There's an over abundance only because of their scope of work.
Just my opinion.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Imo supervisors are too burried in paperwork and multiple conference calls. They could be used to cultivate and retain new and existing customer base in their area.
There's an over abundance only because of their scope of work.
Just my opinion.

they gutted the support functions in the 2012 and either retired them or sent them to ops

i wasn't in IE for that so i didn't experience it directly, but i can still see the effects 5 years later; you go to look for MOP's on any part of an op and all you find is :censored2: last updated in 2012, phone lists are wildly out of date, nobody knows who to contact for any given situation

sure technology can replace a bit of that, if applied correctly and intelligently, but our information repository infrastructure is dangerously bad

so what happened is you have a company of ops sups making things up as they go, which is a disaster

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
images

Boulder Blue.
American grown.

10 Pt

they gutted the support functions in the 2012 and either retired them or sent them to ops

i wasn't in IE for that so i didn't experience it directly, but i can still see the effects 5 years later; you go to look for MOP's on any part of an op and all you find is :censored2: last updated in 2012, phone lists are wildly out of date, nobody knows who to contact for any given situation

sure technology can replace a bit of that, if applied correctly and intelligently, but our information repository infrastructure is dangerously bad

so what happened is you have a company of ops sups making things up as they go, which is a disaster
And therefore everyone is frustrated.