United Airlines Set to Fire 600 Employees...

over9five

Staff member
On the news last night, it said they'd be fired for "safety violation" or something like that.
In most states, they won't be eligible for unemployment compensation.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
This is the start of a very bad trend.
Firing and/or placing fines on workers based on what their relatives do.

Can 't wait for the shootings to begin.

refineryworker05

We gotta stop pretending. I just read posters and I just don't understand the world they live in.

RIGHT NOW employers can make you get a drug test. They can compel you RIGHT NOW to get a physical with a blood test, they can weigh you, ask you what medicines you are taking, they can find out all about your health RIGHT NOW. Pretending that the same workers who exist in this reality will in large numbers quit their jobs over a vaccine is just make beleive. I bet of that 600, 200 or less quit.

refineryworker05

This is reality. The vast overwhelming majority are not going to quit their job over a vaccine considering the level of control employers already have over workers health right now. We have got to stop having these phony pretend discussions. It is so fcking boring and tedious.

United Airlines announced Tuesday that only 593 of its workers face dismissal for not complying with the requirement to get a Covid-19 vaccine. That is less than 1% of its 67,000 US workers who are covered by the rule

• United's number of unvaccinated workers dropped from 593 to 320 after they faced termination.
  • The carrier required all nonexempt US employees to be fully inoculated by September 27 or be fired.
  • Over 99% of the company's nonexempt US workforce has been vaccinated against COVID-19.

refineryworker05

What's all so tiresome is to read about worker's rights from posters who regularly vote for the party in America who are openly dedicated to weakening worker protections. But I forget public policy isn't what drives the vast majority of republican voters

This is reality. The vast overwhelming majority are not going to quit their job over a vaccine considering the level of control employers already have over workers health right now. We have got to stop having these phony pretend discussions. It is so fcking boring and tedious.

United Airlines announced Tuesday that only 593 of its workers face dismissal for not complying with the requirement to get a Covid-19 vaccine. That is less than 1% of its 67,000 US workers who are covered by the rule

• United's number of unvaccinated workers dropped from 593 to 320 after they faced termination.
  • The carrier required all nonexempt US employees to be fully inoculated by September 27 or be fired.
  • Over 99% of the company's nonexempt US workforce has been vaccinated against COVID-19.
It's a freaking joke

refineryworker05

It's a freaking joke
I know, these people are insane. Im like your employer as a condition of employment can compel you to give them your blood to have it tested, so they can know your health. They make you fill out forms that give them your whole medical history RIGHT NOW. They can randomly drug test RIGHT NOW as a condition of employment anytime they want. This is the world we live in RIGHT NOW the idea that a large percentage of workers used to that level of employer control are going to quit their jobs over a vaccine is just pure make believe