United Package Smashers

Take a look at this- guaranteed claims for damages or lost packages when the UPS store packs your package for you?

Not sure why it took so long for that to happen, but should promote customer loyalty and increase revenues for the UPS store owners.

That would make too much sense. It should have always been that way.

over9five

Staff member
"Death to all swing door trailers and the knuckleheads that don't use catch nets and load seperaters!!!"

My God, ain't that true! Why don't we require catch nets and load supports on ALL loads over 90%???

I was moving a trailer onto a door the other day, and as I hooked up I noticed the whole unit was covered in frost. Thick frost, front to back including the glad hands. It wasn't a reefer unit. When I opened the first barn door, about 30 Omaha Steaks coolers fell out. Those plastic wrapped coolers slide real good. The whole trailer was Omaha Steaks.

Oh......thats why it was all frosted.......!

My God, ain't that true! Why don't we require catch nets and load supports on ALL loads over 90%???

You'd think with all the crappy walls that get built that they'd put more emphasis on the use of load retainers. Who are we kidding, we all know the only wall that counts is the last one. I know that's what I did when I was a loader (many YEARS ago).

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
When I was a seasonal feeder driver I was always amazed when I picked-up trailers from the BNSF yard and then watched them opened at the local center. If the trailer had barn doors, about 50 to 100 packages would fall from the top of the load (directly to the ground) after the seal was broken and the doors opened. I would just basically step back and hope to not be hit by someone's computer dropping from 13 ft high. Completely bulked-out, with no load locks or restraining devices of any kind. Most of our trailers are loaded the same way. If I was a customer, I'd be pissed too.

Every package is supposed to withstand a 4 foot drop.

Cry me a river. You think FedEx, USPS or DHL is any different?

That 4ft drop to include a kick, or throwing it onto a porch? How about throwing them onto the truck? Or throwing it onto the porch and taking out houseplants? All that is the shipper's fault too? Sorry, you'll have to excuse me if I continue to disagree. :)

What about the parcels with intact labels that UPS doesn't even bother to try and deliver? And yes, there are some of those and I have irrefutable proof of same. Just wait. Monday at 5 PM CST, I am releasing the story. I am just waiting for UPS's PR lady to get back to me with their comments (if any) and then off it goes.

Personally, I have experienced alot fewer casualties when shipping DHL and I have done a TON of DHL this year. Maybe I am just lucky. Who knows.

Overpaid Union Thug

That 4ft drop to include a kick, or throwing it onto a porch? How about throwing them onto the truck? Or throwing it onto the porch and taking out houseplants? All that is the shipper's fault too? Sorry, you'll have to excuse me if I continue to disagree. :)

What about the parcels with intact labels that UPS doesn't even bother to try and deliver? And yes, there are some of those and I have irrefutable proof of same. Just wait. Monday at 5 PM CST, I am releasing the story. I am just waiting for UPS's PR lady to get back to me with their comments (if any) and then off it goes.

Personally, I have experienced alot fewer casualties when shipping DHL and I have done a TON of DHL this year. Maybe I am just lucky. Who knows.

You prefer DHL huh? Well, how about DHL driver realeasing computers and other electronic equipment at houses where everyone that drives or walks by can see them? Or even better....driver releasing packages (including computers) outside of businesses that are closed? I have personally seen these things happen and have heard customers complain about DHL too. And let's even get into the topic of their crapy uniforms with untucked shirts and sagging pants. You are probably the same type of idiot that gets on all of our nerves on a daily basis. There are at least a few people just like you on every route across the planet. You know.....the dumb :censored2: that wait until we show up to try and go buy a money order. Or leave there apartment number off of their address when they order something and then blame us. Or calling and complaining after we attempt their package 3 times and say it's our fault. Get the idea?

705red

Browncafe Steward

Maybe in your perfect little world everything is peachy and nothing ever goes wrong. Yes we have damaged packages, yes some times its our fault and sometimes its the shippers fault. Ok mr i started my own stupid webite what would you do to insure that a box would never get damaged? I see you and your little merry cult followers painting the picture that we destroy the packages on purpose and nothing could be farther from the truth. Let me ask you do you drive? How many miles a year? For how many years? Have you ever had an accident? Or how about a car break down? Its probably ups's fault for this too, right?

DS

Fenderbender
One thing everyone is missing,in fact the MAIN reason that we have damages and claims,is the drivers .When a driver feels the workload is beyond the realm of reality he has to take shortcuts to do the job in a prescribed time.Example,you get 5 ocpu in a row all 5pm close and a customer insists its ok to take the 1964 mustang door wrapped in nothing.
It takes 15 seconds to say yes,3 minutes to refuse to pick it up.
Do the math.One old school company demanding production to the point of uattainable results in the real world.I've seen a $5000 keyboard wrapped in bubble wrap and cardboard keys
were falling out the end when I delivered it:sad-very:

You prefer DHL huh? Well, how about DHL driver realeasing computers and other electronic equipment at houses where everyone that drives or walks by can see them? Or even better....driver releasing packages (including computers) outside of businesses that are closed? I have personally seen these things happen and have heard customers complain about DHL too. And let's even get into the topic of their crapy uniforms with untucked shirts and sagging pants. You are probably the same type of idiot that gets on all of our nerves on a daily basis. There are at least a few people just like you on every route across the planet. You know.....the dumb :censored2: that wait until we show up to try and go buy a money order. Or leave there apartment number off of their address when they order something and then blame us. Or calling and complaining after we attempt their package 3 times and say it's our fault. Get the idea?

I couldn't care less how the driver dresses if he doesn't throw my packages. I also don't care if they leave things outside as long as they pay their insurance claims. You see, thats where DHL and UPS are different. DHL does not get a signature on anything, this I know. But the one claim I had this year was paid - full replacement cost. So we sent the customer another one and that was that. Don't know about the business part, but I know almost everytime I track something its LD FD or LD BD or LD SD, etc.

You are a snake. I'm sure you are the type of guy who gets his rocks off watching Micheal Moore videos.

Actually, Micheal Moore disgusts me.

Maybe in your perfect little world everything is peachy and nothing ever goes wrong. Yes we have damaged packages, yes some times its our fault and sometimes its the shippers fault. Ok mr i started my own stupid webite what would you do to insure that a box would never get damaged? I see you and your little merry cult followers painting the picture that we destroy the packages on purpose and nothing could be farther from the truth. Let me ask you do you drive? How many miles a year? For how many years? Have you ever had an accident? Or how about a car break down? Its probably ups's fault for this too, right?

How about not delivering packages at all? Instead of delivering them, putting them on the hearse to VA? Ever do any of that? Nah, I am sure not.

---

Drivers are taking short cuts so they can speed their routes up due to unreasonable expectations put on them. Shortcuts like throwing the package the last 20 feet to the customer's door. Not really the driver's fault that such things are done, but it is sure not the customer's fault by any stretch. Its the management's fault. Put the blame where it belongs.

R

retired

Uh Huh, way to promote your website here. Stumbling all over the premise of the site which is UPS employees destroy packages and then pretending you side with the drivers by saying your blame management.

You are only here to get people to look at your website which is designed to defame UPSers and mock how badly we all do our jobs.

It's all self promotion at our expense.

brownrodster

Drivers are taking short cuts so they can speed their routes up due to unreasonable expectations put on them. Shortcuts like throwing the package the last 20 feet to the customer's door. Not really the driver's fault that such things are done, but it is sure not the customer's fault by any stretch. Its the management's fault. Put the blame where it belongs.

If you think drivers are bad then you ought to know what goes on in the hubs is 20 times worse. In my opinion very little damage is caused by drivers.

Phil800101

We deliver several million packages a day and a few get damaged. Who'd ever of thunk it?

Exactly. Our volume is higher than DHL or FedEx, so of course we're going to have more damaged packages.

Uh Huh, way to promote your website here. Stumbling all over the premise of the site which is UPS employees destroy packages and then pretending you side with the drivers by saying your blame management.

You are only here to get people to look at your website which is designed to defame UPSers and mock how badly we all do our jobs.

It's all self promotion at our expense.

Couldn't agree more. Your website is full of all this crap that bashes UPSers, claiming that we delightfully destroy packages for our own amusement, or because we don't care. Yes, some stuff gets destroyed, that's the nature of the beast. You claim to blame this on management, but time and time again on your site you fail to point out that excessive volume, heavy flow, or outdated equipment is NOT the fault of loaders/unloaders/sorters, and as a preloader I personally take offense to that. I'd like to see you do my job and load three friggin' trucks (and split a belt at the same time) while gingerly handling every package. Well, I rarely if ever cause damage to a package, and when I do it's almost always a result of bad packaging...and it is NEVER intentional. The same goes for the overwhelming majority of my co-workers, as well as the people I have seen on this site. I take pride in my work, and seeing all of the whiny people like yourself on your site lumping my fellow UPSers and I who do our jobs well with those few lunkheads out there who break stuff on purpose makes me sick. We bust our tails to make sure you people get your stuff, and all you do is complain.

The same is true for the drivers. The overwhelming majority of drivers I have ever loaded for or rode with were consumate professionals who took pride in their work and did their jobs well. Same goes for most of the drivers I have seen post on this site...they care. It is a shame that you feel the need to promote the idea that those who do a crappy job represent all of them. Blaming it on management my a**.

As for the insurance issue, I have no real say on that. All I know is that UPS is a big company with big profits...number one in the shipping buisness. Thus, it is a big target for scammers, of which there are many. I can't blame them for being skeptical of insurance claims.

Retired is right, all you are trying to do is defame and mock a company that provides excellent service to the majority of its customers. Yes, we have our flaws, but so does every company. I highly doubt that FedEx and DHL are perfect either. If we were as bad as you claim, we wouldn't have stayed at the top for as long as we have.

I think it's great that you're so happy with DHL, and I'm sure they need the buisness. Personally, I think we're doing fine without yours. I mean, it's been hard at times, but we've managed to scrape by :wink2:.

W

westsideworma

If you think drivers are bad then you ought to know what goes on in the hubs is 20 times worse. In my opinion very little damage is caused by drivers.

having been a preloader, I can tell you 90 percent of the damages that occur (on our shift) are due to too much being processed on the belts that feed the slides. The slides get backed up and then the crunching begins. Its a simple fix, but do you think we could back down our production a little bit to save damages? HAH! Heresy! get it in the trucks!!! :wink2:

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
It's sad but true! Get it in the trucks is the most importent thing I see in our bldg. Not safety, not treating pkgs like guest of honor ( remember that motto), Just get it in the trucks. A sorter shuts the belt off when the pace is too fast and he's 50ft down the belt, and IMMEDIATLY the p/t sup turns the belt back on, disparages the sorters, and the vicious cycle continues. Sorters and loaders end up with bad attitudes, pkgs are treated with disrespect. It takes time to do a job right and it appears to me, UPS just wants to get it done. And contrary to popular belief, This is not the most wonderful time of the year, at least not for the pkgs that got loaded in my 10 cube the past two weeks. Packed like sardines in a can and not always with the heaviest on the bottom I think united pkg smashers is an ass who would rather complain , whine and ask why me instead of trying to make the best out of it. But I don' think everything he says is false. There's always room for improvement but I don't believe UPS wants to make the time allowance for it. :dissapointed:

dillweed

Well, Hello Kieth. Oldsorter here. Unfortunately your website is made up of several little nastoids who still live with Mommy and Daddy. I used to come to the site in an effort to diffuse some of the negativity and try to help newcomers to understand and deal with the nature of UPS. It was a losing battle - kind of like trying to convince a bunch of three-year olds that they must brush their teeth every day.

It's a shame that your life is so full of hatred that you try and spread it to others. For crying out loud, let it go. You are poisoning yourself as well as convincing those kids that they have some sort of power. Heck, they haven't even begun to carry their own weight in the adult world so how can they appreciate carrying their share at work?

Take a look at your posters. Does anyone with common sense and a desire to succeed in life stick around? No one stays but the rotters. The last post I made referred to one of them as poisonous and that was the end for me.

You're not a stupid man by any means. Think about using your energy and intelligence for your own good. Forget UPS and don't ever, ever use them again. It will be that many less computers I have to hoist up to the top belt. And Happy Holidays to you! Peace. love and respect to all. os

diesel96

Unitedpackagesmasher, I recommend you "walk away from your computer", go outside, take a deep inhale of air/oxygen and give us a big "woosaaa" as you exhale. Then go back inside and change your astronaut diaper, empty your pee cup and clean that giz of your computer keyboard. And get a life ! Better yet, get a girlfriend .