United Way Challenge

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Give from your heart,not because the empire pressures you!!!! And furthur more why dosn't big brown let the public know that most of this cash comes from the employees !!

old brown shoe

30 year driver
I have given for years to the United way and I do it for me and not the company. It is just a easy way to help out our local people. My time is worth so much since there seems to be so little spare time. So I give money instead of my time. UPS should take all the money they spend on banners and hoopla and give it to the United Way instead of blowing it on stuff that will get thrown out when it is all over.

trp you moved a hand and foot at the same time when you climbed up on this soapbox.

What did you not understand about my post?
Its real simple.

Give to the united way or whatever charity you support because you want to help your community. Because you get a good feeling inside. Because you feel like your walking on air when you see a disadvantaged kid learn to read. Because you get a tear in your eye when you see a disabled vet suffering from his war wounds or hobbling around on his prostetics. Do it like I do because you feel a sense of outrage when you have to watch your father in law succumb to a horrible disease like ALS.
Do it for all the right reasons tnp.

But for gods sake don't cheapen the gift by doing it because you lost a friggen bet.

Even more UPS management propaganda and subtle harassment through false accusations Tie. I'm not on a soap box, that would be YOU.
I stand by what I said, UW could care less why anyone gives them three nickels, as long as they give. Do you really think UW would turn down the money received from a lost bet?
Tie, when you do your taxes for this year, if you claim a deduction on your contribution to UW, you are cheapening your gift. I don't see anymore wrong with giving money on a lost bet, than giving money that is recouped on taxes. If one cheapens the gift, the other does too.
When I give, how much I give and to whom I give is no one's business and no one knows but me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Tie, when you do your taxes for this year, if you claim a deduction on your contribution to UW, you are cheapening your gift. I don't see anymore wrong with giving money on a lost bet, than giving money that is recouped on taxes. If one cheapens the gift, the other does too.
When I give, how much I give and to whom I give is no one's business and no one knows but me.

Trp, I have to disagree with you on the first part of this quote. I give to UW and you damn well better believe that I claim the tax deduction. I give $1300/year ($25/week) and this usually results in a $325 tax credit when I file. UW gets the full $1300 and I get a break on my taxes. I can just imagine the tax break UPS gets on their $50-60M or whatever their contribution ends up being.

Actually you are only giving 975 bucks, the fed gov is giving the rest making your donation cheaper than it appears on paper.
I really don't have a problem with that Upstate. My point is that regardless of why you give, tax deduction, parking space, lost bet, out of the kindness of your heart, or guilt...in the end UW is gonna take the $moola$.